Neighbours Dog Being Abused?

aussiecattledog

Dogs aren't people DD and I was talking about working dogs. As for the dalmatian they can report it but unlikely anything will be done and he'll probably take it out on his or the reporter's dogs.

Edited by mixeduppup

A thing to think about - if you report it, can it come back onto you. Are you safe and are your dogs if Mr A..H... knows you reported him? It is a very difficult spot you are in - leave the poor dog to be abused or report it and get you and your dogs abused - or worse.

Dogs aren't people DD and I was talking about working dogs. As for the dalmatian they can report it but unlikely anything will be done and he'll probably take it out on his or the reporter's dogs.

I have similar views , M U P .... Of course it's hard from the other side of the screen .. and retribution scares the ****out of me .

the O P is very young, and a first time dog owner - I so hope it does all work out well for them, and Daisy-next-door - it would be a scary thing for the O P to watch/listen to..

Hopefully there will be a positive update .

I have similar views , M U P .... Of course it's hard from the other side of the screen .. and retribution scares the ****out of me .

the O P is very young, and a first time dog owner - I so hope it does all work out well for them, and Daisy-next-door - it would be a scary thing for the O P to watch/listen to..

Hopefully there will be a positive update .

It would be very hard being a dog lover and having not seen this before would be very upsetting as well. I guess people from different walks of life will always have differing opinions about what to do. If the OP is under 18 then the RSPCA won't usually take a report unless she gets someone older to report on her behalf. I guess I've pretty much lost all trust/hope in the RSPCA (have reported some atrocious things before, multiple times without anything happening) and I've taken the view it's better to educate and lead by example than report and report with no result.

Edited by mixeduppup

I wish I could have replied and read all these post earlier, but unfortunately I have school (oh joy) so most of my day is taken up. Obviously this means I am under 18, and if I was to report it I would get my mum do it, she is a very opinionated person who would take anything that she disagress with to court, but of course, then again, I need some form of evidence... and of course I'm worried if I do tell her now she'll straight away call up anyway and make a complaint.

Anyhow there is no way I want to be the person that sits here and does nothing, but I'm worried if I DO report it and he gets away with it he may begin to keep the beatings more secretive or it may get worse. I don't know I'm scared for their dogs safety as well as mine. Until I can get my hands on some good evidence then I guess there isn't much I can safely do, and if I do report it he could most likely get away with it which would cause more trouble than it solves.

Regards to your questions mixeduppup and persephone, the kicking was definately not tapping, more like he was trying to kick a soccor ball, and the dog was pushed down every time he hit her and tried to get up and run away. Think of it this way, it wasn't going to kill her or leave serious damage, but it was enough to keep a dalmation, a large breed of working dog, on the ground, and enough to leave me pretty stunned. But yet it wasn't enough to seriously wound her, maybe a few small bruises but it was still what I would consider violent enough to consider as animal abuse, and for all I know if he's kicked it once he probably has kicked her again, maybe even worse.

I didn't see what the dog had done, only the affair in which he took it outside and kicked it, from my perspective I couldn't see inside the house so I have no idea what the dog possibly could have done. I can't really see their backyard very well except for if I'm standing on our veranda which is pretty high up, stairs lead down from it to the rest of the garden. Their garage is a large brick one and it acts as part of our fence so I can't see easily into the garden. I'm not sure but I think the dog sleeps outside, she's either seperation anxious or simply a nuiscence barker because she howls and barks a lot at night. I went out just then and I saw her, she seems to be in a good condition. I'm less worried about the physical toll it will have on her and more on the behavioural toll, besides, no animal should be treated that way.

Thank you everyone for your help, support and your opionions, i hope I'll be able to help georgous "daisy next door" and stop this unfair treatment.

P.S. What do the abbreviations DD, OP and M U P stand for? I'mnot familur with them...

I wish I could have replied and read all these post earlier, but unfortunately I have school (oh joy) so most of my day is taken up. Obviously this means I am under 18, and if I was to report it I would get my mum do it, she is a very opinionated person who would take anything that she disagress with to court, but of course, then again, I need some form of evidence... and of course I'm worried if I do tell her now she'll straight away call up anyway and make a complaint.

Anyhow there is no way I want to be the person that sits here and does nothing, but I'm worried if I DO report it and he gets away with it he may begin to keep the beatings more secretive or it may get worse. I don't know I'm scared for their dogs safety as well as mine. Until I can get my hands on some good evidence then I guess there isn't much I can safely do, and if I do report it he could most likely get away with it which would cause more trouble than it solves.

Regards to your questions mixeduppup and persephone, the kicking was definately not tapping, more like he was trying to kick a soccor ball, and the dog was pushed down every time he hit her and tried to get up and run away. Think of it this way, it wasn't going to kill her or leave serious damage, but it was enough to keep a dalmation, a large breed of working dog, on the ground, and enough to leave me pretty stunned. But yet it wasn't enough to seriously wound her, maybe a few small bruises but it was still what I would consider violent enough to consider as animal abuse, and for all I know if he's kicked it once he probably has kicked her again, maybe even worse.

I didn't see what the dog had done, only the affair in which he took it outside and kicked it, from my perspective I couldn't see inside the house so I have no idea what the dog possibly could have done. I can't really see their backyard very well except for if I'm standing on our veranda which is pretty high up, stairs lead down from it to the rest of the garden. Their garage is a large brick one and it acts as part of our fence so I can't see easily into the garden. I'm not sure but I think the dog sleeps outside, she's either seperation anxious or simply a nuiscence barker because she howls and barks a lot at night. I went out just then and I saw her, she seems to be in a good condition. I'm less worried about the physical toll it will have on her and more on the behavioural toll, besides, no animal should be treated that way.

Thank you everyone for your help, support and your opionions, i hope I'll be able to help georgous "daisy next door" and stop this unfair treatment.

P.S. What do the abbreviations DD, OP and M U P stand for? I'mnot familur with them...

DD and and MUP are just acronyms of our names, Danny's Darling and Mixeduppup, OP means Opening Poster and is an acronym of that.

Edited by mixeduppup

If you have dogs I would think carefully about how to deal with it. No point adding dead dogs to kicked dogs. You also need video evidence otherwise it is your word against his unless the dog has injuries.

I feel for you, we lived next to a dog beater for a while but it was not severe enough for the RSPCA to take an interest ( we did ring them)