Dog Breeds Where You Live

animals

We live in a town where the average person earns below the poverty line and is currently the only place in Victoria that has the "Basics Card". Most of the dogs you see around here are SBT & AST type dogs, generally with studded collars, entire, unregistered and the bitches have boobies down to their knees :-(

In the Estates which are small acerage a few KM from edge of town there are a lot more PB - in our Estate there's:

* 1 x Lab (who's always bloody wondering)

* 1 x ACD

* 1 x GR

* 1 x GWP

* 1 x SBT

all of whom are from registered breeders!

Guest hankodie

lots of purebreds in my area as well as BYB/pet shop oodle types. Further out there is an increase of staffy mixes/cattle dogs/kelpies. If I go down to the beach certain days it sometimes feels like I'm at a dog show! So many different breeds (including a few rare ones)

Lots Of oodles im ashamed to say. And lots of collies or kelpies crosses a few sheppards some whippets (5 regulars at our dog park) and labs and one lone dalmation lol.

at my park 70 % are mongrels from rescue/pound the Remaning are pure and most are shown or the owner wanted a specific breed (ie frenchie)

thanks rozzie ----- So it seems if anyone wanted some survey info rather than google here is the place to look. :D

DOLërs are people full of info and helpful advice :cheers:

ps being a newbie looks like I have alot of catching up to do myself :) interesting though what we take notice of when out and about