Wspa Is Headed For The Philippines

Loving my Oldies

Hopefully they are going to help the people and direct the funds they have towards them, somehow I doubt it.

Forget about the animals for the time being its the people that require the most urgent help

I very much doubt wspa would even be allowed to redirect their funds towards people. They're an animal welfare organisation.

Hopefully they are going to help the people and direct the funds they have towards them, somehow I doubt it.

Forget about the animals for the time being its the people that require the most urgent help

I very much doubt wspa would even be allowed to redirect their funds towards people. They're an animal welfare organisation.

Exactly.

As for "forget about the animals" - what a shocking statement. It is not a case of either or. WSPA's priority IS the animals and considering they have been around for a long time and are highly experienced and qualified to go into disaster areas, I rather feel they might know a thing or two about co-ordination and co-operation.

Quite apart from the fact that animals are deserving of help for their own sake, WSPA are very clear that helping animals is helping people. In less-developed countries a goat, some chickens or a cow might mean the difference between a family being able to survive or starve. Providing veterinary care to injured animals or rescuing animals and returning them to their families is a vital component of the economic recovery process for people. Companion animals are also important to people in assisting their emotional recovery (and I hope no-one is suggesting that people in less-developed countries are less deserving of the emotional support that their pets can offer). (WSPA have been in-country for a number of major disasters and they are really good at what they do. Worth a read: http://animalsindisasters.typepad.com/wspa/about-disaster-management.html