Flying Pup

Esky the husky

I just made sure I was there a bit earlier then when the flight was coming in at in case it was early :laugh: You will probably have to pick up the pup from a cargo area so make sure you have a good slip lead or something the pup can't back out of unless you are allowed to take the crate with you. A towel because he will more then likely have wee'd in his crate and any paperwork that the breeder has sent you for id purposes.

That's all I think I did.

--Lhok

When I picked up Willow it was super easy. Just had to take I.D. with me, collect her from the TOLL air express terminal near the airport. I got there in heaps of time so that I could get her as soon as she brought in.

If it's a hired crate then you take your puppy out of the crate and take them home on your back seat (with the biggest happiest proudest I want to kiss their little puppy face off smile on your face).

Here is their address-

Adelaide

Burbridge Business Park

10 Butler Boulevard

Adelaide Airport SA Australia

Ah thanks dory. :). what happens if i get caught in traffic and am later than the flight arrives

I think they just leave them in the crate till you arrive, which I believe is part of their procedure rather than something they like doing.

You'll find that it does take them a little bit of time to get them from the terminal to the freight area....longest half hour of your life. :laugh:

I've picked up my girls from a regional airport and a major airport. I preferred the regional one because we saw the plane land and got her 10 mins later, in Brisbane we had to wait half an hour in the freight area! So we got to the freight area carpark when the plane landed, and waited in the car for 1/2 an hour watching every time a door opened incase it was her! Finally we saw some crates unloaded and little yips :)

-take a towel, they are likely to be wet

-take a collar and lead. Cleo came with a collar, Nala didn't

-I should have taken a toy for Nala to chew on, she wanted to chew on me in the car

-take a book or something to do while you wait. You will be excited and nervous if you're anything like me and need a distraction!

what happens if i get caught in traffic and am later than the flight arrives

The pup will be held at TOLL, in it's crate until you arrive to collect it (inside, in air-conditioning).

It's been a couple of years now since I picked up my pup from Adelaide Airport but I remember it being very easy - the hardest part was finding the bloody TOLL building! I do recall that they phoned me (or perhaps gave me a number to call) to confirm the flights were running on time, etc. and were generally very helpful. If you give them a call they will talk you through the process over the phone.

Which airline is your puppy flying with ?

Virgin is pick up at Toll & Qantas is Australian Air express, which is near the airports long term car park.

If you get there early enough you can go into the terminal and watch your puppy coming off the plane and still have heaps of time to go over and pick him up :)

Edited by Miss Squish

He's coming on Qantas on Monday. Somehow weaseled my way out of working the entire day ;) So I'll be there easy. We don't live far from.the airport at all so the poor feller wont have to go much further before he can have a run

That's great news!