[melbourne] Morons Letting Off Fireworks

PepitoVFR

We had a continual barrage close by from about 10.30pm and then at just before midnight the idiot neighbour (yes we all have them) started with the main event which went for at least 20 minutes all fired across our block. I had shut the dogs away but I've no doubt they would not have been happy for some time. At least with the legal fireworks they only go for about 5 minutes but we had about an hour and a half from the illegal ones.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the neighbours in the unit backing right on to the rear of my property enjoyed their night out. They don't own a dog but had someone elses dog in their yard that barked non stop from 7.30pm until they returned home after 1am. The fireworks from about 10pm onwards made the barking even more hysterical.

The dog evidently belonged to the people who enjoyed the night out with my neighbours. A quiet night at home was out of the question for anyone living near these neighbours.

What kind of dog owner would leave their dog in someone elses yard on New Years Eve? The dog was clearly distressed and was running the fence barking, all night.

My dog returned fire a couple of times at the beginning of the barking but stopped barking on my command and ignored it for the rest of the night.

We had such a battle on NYE. Next door were setting them off in the court we live in.

Gus had a little confusion bark, more I suspect at the whizzing and colours than anything then settled back to sleep after we let him out for a wee but Rosie was pitching a fit!

She was shaking and drooling and whining for hours after. I’ve never been so peed off in my life.

Needless to say the police didn’t show after a few calls (I normally hate to be that person, but as far as I’m concerned metres from my house is far too close for comfort, and oi dipshit, it’s illegal) and the last guy was apologetic but said it is a crazy night for them, which I get. Fair point.

So we endured fireworks outside the bedroom window until 3. And the drunken shrieking, and their dog out on the street with them running around barking like a mad thing.

All good though. I mowed my lawn at 8am.

Yeh, our dogs were even quiet for a change.

IM when we came here 20 years ago, we had bunnies all over the place, and about every 5 years mixo would go though them and a lot would die, but when this new calisi virus was introduced, it wiped out all the bunnies around our place, and no others have ever moved in. We used to know most of the bunnies by sight, and their bubs.

well we went up to sky high, it was pretty busy but still enough room to lay out a picnic rug. we had the dogs snuggled under the blanket for about half an hour before the big event. You could see lots of fireworks going off in the city but I only heard a couple of not so loud bangs.

If your dogs are fine with crowds but not ok with fireworks I would recommend it. There were a few other people with their dogs that seemed happy enough, although there was a German Shepard that showed up just before midnight that clearly wasn't having a good time, was letting out a few whines and barks with his halti on.