[melbourne] Morons Letting Off Fireworks

PepitoVFR

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have a family up the street that let fireworks off every new year at 12 in the stormwater gully out the front.

my dally is inside but barks at every bang ,I have tried going to bed but he wakes me up, so I end up staying up till at least 1am and then I'm tired the next day, I hate it. :mad

We are in the west and its all go here. Dropkicks, booze and explosives....natural selection!

Yep we've got 'em all here!

Our sleepy little beachside suburub one hour north of Sydney more than triples for NYE with morons coming from far and wide. This year for something different they decided to start with the fireworks last night. They are expecting the usual 20,000+ crowd in the main street with police on horses and the dog squad in full force. Seeing I live right in the middle of it I will batten down the hatches this afternoon( they start letting them off in the afternoon that's how smart they are) thunder shirts on the greyhounds. Tomorrow will be dodge to broken glass and vomit when I walk the dogs so yeah...Happy New Year :mad

Sounds like where I live :(

We have been having fireworks go off over the past few weeks. Nights like tonight they will start at about 9pm then there will be more at 12 and then someone will decided it is daylight saving so really 1 am is the real midnight and there will be another burst. Although this is more than annoying we at least can predict the idiots will be out. Australia Day weekend is another round we can reckon on having but the ones that are impossible to counter are those the ferals just feel the need to let some go. These are not just the old penny bangers etc. but huge explosives. For something that is illegal in Victoria there are an awful lot of them presumably bought online.

A couple of years ago someone was killed when the firework exploded and pierced the guys eye. There was a big hue and cry from the police about how they would be cracking down on illegal fireworks but how can they because it is so hard to pinpoint exactly where they are and when.

So OP don't move to the outer SE suburbs as someone else mentioned.

Or west. Haha. Next door have been going since about 2. Unashamedly called the police an hour ago but nothing yet. Rosie is losing her shit and in a flap either running around the house or taking off under the bed. So we are taking them out to the pub for tea and I'll be making another angry call.

Guest hankodie

I already have idiots clogging up the street and parking on my front lawn (we leave near the beach where the festivities will be happening tonight). From the sounds of it they are drunk already. Odie is going nuts barking her head off... it's going to be a long night :(

I already have idiots clogging up the street and parking on my front lawn (we leave near the beach where the festivities will be happening tonight). From the sounds of it they are drunk already. Odie is going nuts barking her head off... it's going to be a long night :(

I don't miss living Bayside for that very reason! Fortunately neither of my dogs are fussed by fireworks but I like to stay close to home in case some idiot starts a fire.

I live behind the Crowne Plaza! Ambulances already screaming past and it's not even dark yet :(

I have the worse feeling in my stomach at the moment. The countdown to the 9pm and 12pm fireworks for me is when the dogs start running and the carnage starts happening on the road because of it. I will be at work this year so feel rather helpless. :cry:

I have the worse feeling in my stomach at the moment. The countdown to the 9pm and 12pm fireworks for me is when the dogs start running and the carnage starts happening on the road because of it. I will be at work this year so feel rather helpless. :cry:

Yes it's got that feeling here on the Coast hasn't it Gilly? Stay safe, I know you will be checking the overnight cages at Charmy :(

Guest hankodie

I live behind the Crowne Plaza! Ambulances already screaming past and it's not even dark yet :(

Oh dear, stay safe HW :( Hopefully the fireworks won't upset Stan & Maddie too much.

There's been a few stray fireworks around here so far, going to take the dogs out to toilet then go to bed with a movie on the laptop. I'm hoping my new pup mostly sleeps through it.

Toller boy has a thundershirt on but he only barks.

New pup has a thundershirt but seems to sleep more soundly with it off her - trust! :laugh:

Edited by Staff'n'Toller