Leaving Dogs In (hot) Cars

*Avanti*

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get little solar powered car auto cools, I have one up here now best thing I have ever bought for my car. Before, sometimes when I opened the car door the heat blast coming out was like a furnace. I reckon I could have left a frozen chook in the car and come back to a roast dinner!

can you post a link please?

Made me curious, too. Googled & found this Australian site:

http://www.kulcar.com.au/?gclid=COTuhJTDgbwCFUshpQod4z4AOA

Makes me wonder if it could also be used for other purposes than in cars.

Thanks, what a great idea! :)

Massive sad face to the woman I just saw walking her SWF in a fleece coat 'so she didn't burn'.

Perhaps you should go out in a jumper today.

I told her she was totally irresponsible and the dog looked very hot and stressed.

I am super, super cautious about leaving a dog in a car, because sometimes the unexplainable happens. I left 2 big dogs in my car, windows partly down, in an undercover carpark on an overcast, not hot day. When I came back one dog was totally fine, the other was foaming at the mouth, greatly distressed,wobbly and I feared for his life. He was taken directly to the vet's, across the road, cooled down and examined but no cause was determined.He had no known health issues and never had any further issues with overheating.I would never have forgiven myself if he hadn't recovered fully.

Could it be that the dog foaming at the mouth was in an anxious state therefore distressing him?

Could be for on monoxide poisoning? It actually fills up small places like cars and pushes oxygen out. Small amounts can cause poisoning. Lots of idiots in car parks who leave their cars on to warm up the engine etc when you really should exit ASAP to prevent a build up

Massive sad face to the woman I just saw walking her SWF in a fleece coat 'so she didn't burn'.

Perhaps you should go out in a jumper today.

I told her she was totally irresponsible and the dog looked very hot and stressed.

WTH..... :mad Good on you for having your say. Unbelievable.....

I was driving behind a ute outside Brisbane a few days ago in the middle of the day, 30 plus degree heat and on the tray of the ute was a cattle dog tied up to the back of the cab. No shade, no nothing with the sun bouncing off the reflective floor of the tray and the back of the cab. I felt so sorry for him. I hope his owner didn't have far to drive.