Severe Thunder Warning For Sa

Tara and Sam

We were outside doing a rainwater tank pad and I was watching the lightning getting paranoid of fires and then the plumes of smoke started, next minute there were 4 planes & a helicopter flying over my head. There were 2 fires near us but not a threat, luckily the small rain shower started. The thunder upset Wolff a little bit too

It bucketed down here! Just an hour after it hit 45 degrees too, weird day.

Weez was getting a little stressed by the thunder so we went out and had a party in the storm :) Seems to have worked, he's a happy man again :)

It bucketed down here! Just an hour after it hit 45 degrees too, weird day.

Weez was getting a little stressed by the thunder so we went out and had a party in the storm :) Seems to have worked, he's a happy man again :)

I have apparently done so many thunderstorm parties that when I couldn't find Cinna I went outside and she was having a wonderful time running around playing with a bucket she had stolen. LOL

I just got home to Mannum and there is a large uncontrolled fire to the west of us that has shrouded the town in dense smoke. The town is not under threat as the fire seems to be moving E/SE ish, and is a fair way away. Apparently Monarto zoo is under threat again and a strike team has been stationed there. As I came over Palmer hill i got a clear view down into the fire ground and all I can say is dog bless the firies and emergency service workers.

Edited by skyefool

I just got home to Mannum and there is a large uncontrolled fire to the west of us that has shrouded the town in dense smoke. The town is not under threat as the fire seems to be moving E/SE ish, and is a fair way away. Apparently Monarto zoo is under threat again and a strike team has been stationed there. As I came over Palmer hill i got a clear view down into the fire ground and all I can say is dog bless the firies and emergency service workers.

Yes SA Police have shared on Facebook an update - burning S/SE towards Pallamana and Reedy Creek Roads. Monarto is under threat. Reedy-Creek and Mannum roads are both closed and someone has been transported to hospital :(

I hate lightening at this time of year.

My friend had to evacuate her property this afternoon. She managed to get her dogs and cats out, Theyre just gone back home, all is ok thak goodness!

Theres a few grass fires around here.

My husband took young Miah to the beach tonight and it started thundering and there was lightning while they were there , didn't worry her one bit :)

Some thunder & a little rain cooled it down nicely here to a muggy bearable but we could have done without the power going off at 4.55pm & not coming on until 4.50 this morning.

So worried about how to keep us all cool today that I hardly slept. Not good.