O M G! Calendula Tea Rinse

Ive got a leave on or wash off PH balanced conditioner with calendula - if you want to give it a go P.M. me your address and Ill send you a sample - its not on the website yet

Ive got that and several more things to add but the awards have me on go slow until I've called all of the nominees - so its coming next.crossfingers.gif

Oh that sounds great. I use Aloveen leave in conditioner but I think Aloveen is causing the itchies after their baths. They only itch on bath day.

Would you be kind enough to pop a sample of the conditioner in with my order too please Julie. I'd like to try it on my Cavaliers.

I'm looking forward to trying the Calendula products and I'll mention them to my son who has a mini Schnauzer pup that has the itchies. Schnauzers seem prone to skin issues. His previous standard Schnauzer had the same problem and my son tried a number of products to try to overcome the problem.

Ive got a leave on or wash off PH balanced conditioner with calendula - if you want to give it a go P.M. me your address and Ill send you a sample - its not on the website yet

Ive got that and several more things to add but the awards have me on go slow until I've called all of the nominees - so its coming next.crossfingers.gif

Oh that sounds great. I use Aloveen leave in conditioner but I think Aloveen is causing the itchies after their baths. They only itch on bath day.

Would you be kind enough to pop a sample of the conditioner in with my order too please Julie. I'd like to try it on my Cavaliers.

I'm looking forward to trying the Calendula products and I'll mention them to my son who has a mini Schnauzer pup that has the itchies. Schnauzers seem prone to skin issues. His previous standard Schnauzer had the same problem and my son tried a number of products to try to overcome the problem.

Yep its on its way

I got my order today thank you so much :) I'll get a spray bottle tomorrow to try on Molly's tootsies and see how we go! Thank you so much for the sample too and such wonderful quick service :thumbsup:

You're welcome Im glad you liked the sample too - smells beautiful doesn't it?

Where does everyone get this? I have two itchy dogs I want to try it on but would prefer to not buy online. Would supermarkets have it? Health food shops?

There are a couple of link of page 1. If I were you I'd go with Steve's organic supply! Also supporting a DOLer!

I feel like a total twit because I just realised that my homeopathic vet has been giving me calendula cream (that she makes herself) for years to treat wounds and rashes. How did I not make the link in my brain????

Edited by Little Gifts

Just ordered some tea for me and my mum who has a Mini Schnauzer with itchy skin and brown stained feet from licking - hopefully it helps her boy. Got some cream as well, mainly for my own itchy back! :) If you have a small shampoo sample it would be great.

Where does everyone get this? I have two itchy dogs I want to try it on but would prefer to not buy online. Would supermarkets have it? Health food shops?

There are a couple of link of page 1. If I were you I'd go with Steve's organic supply! Also supporting a DOLer!

I feel like a total twit because I just realised that my homeopathic vet has been giving me calendula cream (that she makes herself) for years to treat wounds and rashes. How did I not make the link in my brain????

Easy to do - its how we are trained via traditional treatments and medicines. Not many of us automatically put together a cream and a tea.

I did a course in herbal medicine about 40 years ago I think I must be one of the first in the country to do it laugh.gif- raised all my kids and my dogs using it so its

part of my everyday life - I go for herbal and natural first and do all I can to avoid drugs and medicines. It takes a change of focus and then you become amazed at what is available.

Just ordered some tea for me and my mum who has a Mini Schnauzer with itchy skin and brown stained feet from licking - hopefully it helps her boy. Got some cream as well, mainly for my own itchy back! :) If you have a small shampoo sample it would be great.

Thank you - shampoo and conditioner sample on its way too.

Thank you - shampoo and conditioner sample on its way too.

Awesome - thanks very much!

My Pug doesn't get itchy but I'm wondering if the calendula tea might have coat conditioning properties??

At the moment he gets washed with Melrose organic shampoo with a few drops each of organic rosemary, lavender and tea tree oil added to 500 ml of shampoo (I buy it in bulk).

Why does your pug need coat conditioner? Just curious, 'cause if the coat is dry or dull, this could indicate a dietary deficiency of sorts and might be best and in the long-term easiest to remedy from the inside out instead of the other way around.

My Pug doesn't get itchy but I'm wondering if the calendula tea might have coat conditioning properties??

At the moment he gets washed with Melrose organic shampoo with a few drops each of organic rosemary, lavender and tea tree oil added to 500 ml of shampoo (I buy it in bulk).

Why does your pug need coat conditioner? Just curious, 'cause if the coat is dry or dull, this could indicate a dietary deficiency of sorts and might be best and in the long-term easiest to remedy from the inside out instead of the other way around.

There is nothing wrong with his coat. I would just like to try the calendula :)

Aaah … ok :) . Just misunderstood, sorry.

I think Calendula is good as a bath time wash instead of shampoo :thumbsup:

Edited by Erny

No worries :)

I like to lavish my Pug and I think the Calendula might compliment what I'm already doing.

And I think it would be good for his skin, seeing as though he is recovering from multiple mast cell tumours and he has scars from surgery.

Also, my naturopath and I did consider adding Calendula to his liquid herbal remedy, which contains Astragalus, Burdock, Milk Thistle and Clivers because Calendula has similar lymph gland healing properties to Clivers. (He had swollen lymph glands.)

He is the most spoilt Pug in the universe :laugh:

eta

Yes, I'm considering giving him a Calendula rinse every now and then.

Edited by puggedforlife

I like to lavish my Pug and I think the Calendula might compliment what I'm already doing.

And I think it would be good for his skin, seeing as though he is recovering from multiple mast cell tumours and he has scars from surgery.

Also, my naturopath and I did consider adding Calendula to his liquid herbal remedy, which contains Astragalus, Burdock, Milk Thistle and Clivers because calendula has similar lymph gland healing properties to Clivers. (He had swollen lymph glands.)

eta

What a great job you're doing! :)

I've learnt a lot in regards to the very high and effective benefits natural supplementation etc. can provide.

As an aside, my elderly Mum had a lesion on her leg near her ankle. Took her to Dr and was informed it was a type of skin cancer and that it would HAVE to be cut out as to leave it, it would only turn nasty, ulcerate etc. But even Dr was worried about the surgery site and how hard it would be for Mum's skin to heal following surgery. I used a natural remedy preferring it as a first stop. It took 2 months (but then, it would have taken Mum far longer than that to heal from surgery if we'd gone that route) and skin cancer lesion gone. No surgery required :D . The wonders of natural stuff. I admit we can't afford to shut our minds to conventional medicine - it has a lot to offer, has helped many and is really necessary in cases - but I really think there is benefit to opening our minds to the benefits and application of natural remedies.

Edited by Erny

What a great job you're doing! :)

I've learnt a lot in regards to the very high and effective benefits natural supplementation etc. can provide.

As an aside, my elderly Mum had a lesion on her leg near her ankle. Took her to Dr and was informed it was a type of skin cancer and that it would HAVE to be cut out as to leave it, it would only turn nasty, ulcerate etc. But even Dr was worried about the surgery site and how hard it would be for Mum's skin to heal following surgery. I used a natural remedy preferring it as a first stop. It took 2 months (but then, it would have taken Mum far longer than that to heal from surgery if we'd gone that route) and skin cancer lesion gone. No surgery required :D . The wonders of natural stuff. I admit we can't afford to shut our minds to conventional medicine - it has a lot to offer, has helped many and is really necessary in cases - but I really think there is benefit to opening our minds to the benefits and application of natural remedies.

I met my naturopath when I was 14. I was working part time for my best friend's mum and she introduced us. We have been friends for 25 years. She has made a big difference to my life. She is a very inspiring woman.

Edited by puggedforlife

No worries :)

Also, my naturopath and I did consider adding Calendula to his liquid herbal remedy, which contains Astragalus, Burdock, Milk Thistle and Clivers because Calendula has similar lymph gland healing properties to Clivers. (He had swollen lymph glands.)

eta

I have a blend of Tea for the immune system too with organic Austragalus, Echinacea, lemon myrtle, Siberian Ginseng and Calendula. Great with honey in the winter time too. The dogs love those tea leaves too. rofl1.gif One of these days Ill have all of the blends up on the website - focus the awards nominations come first . biggrin.gif Ive just made a luverly one specially for Dannysdarling to try for insomnia.

My wife was telling me they use Burr Marigold in Russia for lots of skin conditions, often just braking off the flowers and rubbing them on cuts etc. Has there been any use of this for dogs?

Anything you can do with Calendula for humans you can do for dogs.