O M G! Calendula Tea Rinse

Cologne? I must have missed that on the site. Does the cologne have the same perfume as the conditioner sample you sent me?

Yep matching shampoo, conditioner and cologne all smell the same. Ill put the shampoo and conditioner up on the site over the next few hours - been too busy talking to nominees for the awards but the cologne is already there.

Link

Edited by Steve

I made a brew with Steve's tea today, when I opened the pouch I was immediately surprised that the aroma was much stronger and fresher than the Hilde Hemmes stuff that I bought from the health food shop! It tasted fresher as well. I have only applied to some of my own abrasions and yet to try out on my dog, but based on what I can tell it is a far superior tea than the Hemmes one. It's only around a dollar more expensive for Steve's but that is bugger all as 50g will last a very long time and it's organic which is a bonus... mind you I bought 150g so I can give to a couple of people that I know that have dogs with itchy or flakey skin.

I gave the shampoo samples to my mum to try first, as she needs to bathe her mini schnauzer more often than I would my husky. THere will be enough for a couple of goes, so I will get half back from her to try with my puppy and will report back with the results from both of us.

You bunch of enablers! :scold:

Steve, which one of your colognes would you consider to be the most neutral? I'd like something I could use on bedding etc but doesn't have an overpowering smell... But then maybe the cologne should match the shampoo etc :noidea: decisions, decisions...

I must confess I was hoping I'd become a member of the calendula tea, but it doesn't seem to make any difference to my girl (we are now starting the 2nd year of desensitisation injections). I wonder if it's because I only use it as a rinse (showers only in this house) and she would benefit more from it if I could soak her in it :noidea:

At least she likes drinking it (cold) and I think it's not too bad either...

Has anyone used Ivory Coat products? They seem to be herbal based too, just wondering if they're any good.

You bunch of enablers! :scold:

Steve, which one of your colognes would you consider to be the most neutral? I'd like something I could use on bedding etc but doesn't have an overpowering smell... But then maybe the cologne should match the shampoo etc :noidea: decisions, decisions...

I must confess I was hoping I'd become a member of the calendula tea, but it doesn't seem to make any difference to my girl (we are now starting the 2nd year of desensitisation injections). I wonder if it's because I only use it as a rinse (showers only in this house) and she would benefit more from it if I could soak her in it :noidea:

At least she likes drinking it (cold) and I think it's not too bad either...

Has anyone used Ivory Coat products? They seem to be herbal based too, just wondering if they're any good.

Id say probably the tropical cologne is the most neutral because to me its more like a room freshener scent and that also matches the shampoo and conditioner scent for sensitive skin which has organic calendula oil in it too but you will still know you have used it.It will leave a soft lingering scent.

You need to be sure you are buying organic calendula flowers - some are not organic and some only have the petals and really getting it on and leaving it on - don't rinse it off. Best way is to brew it up and apply it with a sauce type bottle that gets it right to the skin and doesn't just run down the drain and leaving it on. Letting the dog eat the spent flowers will build the immune system so will help from the inside out too.

Thank you Steve, I was hesitating between that and the herbal one :thumbsup:

I've been using organic whole flowers (from a supplier Erny recommended in the past) and feed her the brewed flowers too. I try my best to squirt it on but it's really hard to tell if I'm actually getting to the skin on a long coated dog. I shall persevere!

ETA would you use your shampoo, then conditioner and finish off with a tea rinse or would that be an overkill? I sometimes only do a tea rinse but think her coat looks better and feels nicer being washed and conditioned.

Edited by fbaudry

Thank you Steve, I was hesitating between that and the herbal one :thumbsup:

I've been using organic whole flowers (from a supplier Erny recommended in the past) and feed her the brewed flowers too. I try my best to squirt it on but it's really hard to tell if I'm actually getting to the skin on a long coated dog. I shall persevere!

I use one of those sports drink bottles to squirt it right on the skin of my double coated husky.

I made a brew with Steve's tea today, when I opened the pouch I was immediately surprised that the aroma was much stronger and fresher than the Hilde Hemmes stuff that I bought from the health food shop! It tasted fresher as well. I have only applied to some of my own abrasions and yet to try out on my dog, but based on what I can tell it is a far superior tea than the Hemmes one. It's only around a dollar more expensive for Steve's but that is bugger all as 50g will last a very long time and it's organic which is a bonus... mind you I bought 150g so I can give to a couple of people that I know that have dogs with itchy or flakey skin.

I gave the shampoo samples to my mum to try first, as she needs to bathe her mini schnauzer more often than I would my husky. THere will be enough for a couple of goes, so I will get half back from her to try with my puppy and will report back with the results from both of us.

Gee - thank you for that feedback !

When I get home I'm going to place an order with Steve too. I've only so far used the Blooms brand I bought at Go Vita.

You won't be disappointed Moosepup; the calendula is awesome!! I'm really glad Erny kept politely hounding to try it because it's amazing! And I'm glad this thread has helped make more people try it out!!

You won't be disappointed Moosepup; the calendula is awesome!! I'm really glad Erny kept politely hounding to try it because it's amazing! And I'm glad this thread has helped make more people try it out!!

Hahaha …. politely? Yes, I guess mostly. But there was the occasional burst of frustration from this side of the computer - especially when I really felt that its use along with a good hard look at and change of diet could very potentially avoid the use of chemical drugs and be better for the longer term yet knowing that calendula was being fairly easily dismissed.

I am rapt that this thread has finally sparked the enthusiasm and confidence for many more people to use it.

It's not a cure by itself and people need to remember that. It buys the time necessary to be able to work out what is actually causing the problem. It helps the body recover from the cause. If the cause persists, the calendula will help to soothe and heal the symptoms, but the cause will still affect. More often than not, the cause is what the dog is eating. I really strongly believe that this last is the reason for many and most of the ailments that afflict our dogs.

Edited by Erny

Don't just use it on the dogs!My father was a doctor and generally skeptical of homeopathic medicine. The one exception he made was for Calendula cirate (sp?), a homeopathic ointment. At one point, my mother had a stove explode on her and she got 3rd degree burns up and down her arms. She regarded Calendula as a miracle healing agent for the burns . . . exposed them to air and kept applying Calendula.