Rescue Remedy

judy69

We are traveling around oz with our chi who is nearly 4yrs old. He has been traveling with us since he was a pup but we have recently changed our vehicle from a landcruiser troop carrier to a Isuzu truck. Bud has been in the truck quite a few times while we were in Townsville for about 9 months. We are now back on the road to continue our travels. The first day we didn't have any problems with Bud but the second day on the road he started to pant heaps even though the air con was on in the truck and shaking and wouldn't settle down. Usually he just sleeps when we travel. The only thing that I can put his behavior down to is the roads were very bumpy and he didn't like being bounced around. Neither did we for that matter. I was thinking maybe if I gave him some rescue remedy before we head off in the morning that may help to calm him down. I only have the drops for humans which I have been told us Ok to use on animals but I wondering how many drops I should give him. He weighs 3kg.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We are traveling around oz with our chi who is nearly 4yrs old. He has been traveling with us since he was a pup but we have recently changed our vehicle from a landcruiser troop carrier to a Isuzu truck. Bud has been in the truck quite a few times while we were in Townsville for about 9 months. We are now back on the road to continue our travels. The first day we didn't have any problems with Bud but the second day on the road he started to pant heaps even though the air con was on in the truck and shaking and wouldn't settle down. Usually he just sleeps when we travel. The only thing that I can put his behavior down to is the roads were very bumpy and he didn't like being bounced around. Neither did we for that matter. I was thinking maybe if I gave him some rescue remedy before we head off in the morning that may help to calm him down. I only have the drops for humans which I have been told us Ok to use on animals but I wondering how many drops I should give him. He weighs 3kg.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

No more than one. I always worry about the alcohol content.

He's tiny isn't he?

:)

Edited by VizslaMomma

He has a water bowl next to him the whole time but he won't drink it when he's stressing out. He just tries to get as close to me as he possibly can. He had never been like this before as he had always liked being in the car/truck.

He travels on the front seat next to me in his bed. He has never been sick while traveling. He is alright when he first gets in and we start driving but then he starts to pant and shakes. Air con is on all the time.

He travels on the front seat next to me in his bed. He has never been sick while traveling. He is alright when he first gets in and we start driving but then he starts to pant and shakes. Air con is on all the time.

And he stops when the car stops? It does sound like he's feeling sick to me. What happens on a smooth road?

I agree it sounds like car sickness.Maybe the vehicle vibrates or something a bit different to the old one?In NZ we have calmex tabs which could help till he settles.I use them on my JS for traveling,but you would only need a very small amount.Lu is 6kg and I give her 1/2 cap.Would check with a vet before using though!Good Luck. :)

Guest Wildthing

Is his bed sitting on top of the engine area? Perhaps there is something under the bed that he feels that is causing this reaction. Where was he sitting in the old vehicle in relation to the engine etc? Could be something to do with his view from where he is.

Edited by Wildthing

Thanks for the suggestions guys. We are currently in Mt Isa until Monday so I will pick up some ginger nut biscuits from the supermarket today and give them ago. I will make sure I have the rescue remedy on hand to try that as well.

We are sitting above the wheels more so I guess that's why we feel bumps more so it could be the truck but there is no where else for him to sit. Hopefully either the biscuits or rescue remedy will help.

I will let you know how we get on. It could be awhile though depending on what the signal is like once we leave here.

Thanks again.

Edited by judy69

Thanks for the suggestions guys. We are currently in Mt Isa until Monday so I will pick up some ginger nut biscuits from the supermarket today and give them ago. I will make sure I have the rescue remedy on hand to try that as well.

We are sitting above the wheels more so I guess that's why we feel bumps more so it could be the truck but there is no where else for him to sit. Hopefully either the biscuits or rescue remedy will help.

I will let you know how we get on. It could be awhile though depending on what the signal is like once we leave here.

Thanks again.

I hope he likes them! You'd give couple to a larger dog so many even a quarter might help. Give them an hour or so before travel.