Cool Inbuilt Crate Ideas

JulesP

They look great, first time I saw this was on a Susan Garrett video.

I have since seen crates built like pieces of furniture, which is what I would prefer so if I moved, the piece would come with me.

My favourite is a nice jarrah type wood TV stand, crate on either end with DVD player etc in the middle. Another one is crates that are used as bedside tables, drawer and all!

I really love the under the stairs idea as it is such an odd space and if I was a dog I would love it! But up here in QLD my issue with built ins is always air flow. I've used wire and a soft crate but even the soft one has had mesh on all sides (including the top but not the bottom) and I always had them pulled away from walls to ensure good air circulation. With the built in ideas most would only have air flow coming through the doorway part. I'm not sure it's enough for hotter climes. They look great though! Well to us doggy people!

They look great, first time I saw this was on a Susan Garrett video.

I have since seen crates built like pieces of furniture, which is what I would prefer so if I moved, the piece would come with me.

My favourite is a nice jarrah type wood TV stand, crate on either end with DVD player etc in the middle. Another one is crates that are used as bedside tables, drawer and all!

yes i have seen the bedside table ones and always thought they were cool :)

But i wouldn't really use them, as my dogs sleep on my bed :o