My Pug Has Died

Queen Maeby

Perhaps if the harness and toys don't fit you can find a nice wooden box somewhere or paint one if you're feeling arty and keep them separate? In time you might want to take them out and have a hug of the toy. Never know!

Putting things in the urn isn't important to me; for some reason I thought the urn was huge but it's only 8" high.

I just like the style of this one best and it will match with my décor.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend sent me this article by Esther and Jerry Hicks (from the Louise Hay/Heal Your Life website). It's a bit New Agey but I find it comforting because it reminds me that Grover is at peace.

http://www.healyourlife.com/author-esther-and-jerry-hicks/2010/01/wisdom/personal-growth/when-a-beloved-pet-dies

When a Beloved Pet Dies

Why grief for animal friends can hurt so much.

by Esther and Jerry Hicks

Published: January 18, 2010

Your pets embody pure, positive Source Energy.

People often feel more sadness over the loss of their pet than nearly anything else that they ever experience. Some think this pain is illogical and ill placed, for there are so many other important aspects to life that must surely be more important than your pet. He suffered more over the death of his dog than when his own dear father died, they have said.

The more you want something, the more you suffer when you focus upon the absence of it. But the pain you are feeling over the death of your dog is not because of the absence of your dogit is much bigger than that.

Your dog represented Pure, Positive Energy to you. Your dog remained, throughout his entire life, as you were when you were first born: an extension of Pure, Positive Energy. And often, through your attention to your dog and your interaction with your dog, you were inspired more to your own Connection with Source. So while of course you miss your dog, what you are really missing is the Connection to your own Source Energy that your dog inspired.

◾Your dog loved you as you are and did not ask you to be different.

◾Your dog did not hold you responsible for his happiness.

◾Your dog did enjoy being with you but never suffered in your absence, for his joy was not dependent upon your behavior.

◾Your dog neither anticipated nor feared death, but understood the Eternal nature of his Being.

We cannot say any of these things about your father.

If we were standing in your physical shoes, we would focus upon the uplifting feeling that you so often felt in the company of your dog. Remember his eagerness to go with you for a walk. Remember his enthusiasm to chase a bird or a squirrel. Remember his peaceful demeanor as he lay on the floor with his head on his paws. And as you relax back into the good-feeling memory of the attitude of your dog, you will come back into alignment in the same way you used to when he was in the room with you. And then, if you like, the Universe will deliver another dog to replace him. If you are willing to do the work, you could attract a new puppy who will not chew on your shoes.

Edited by puggedforlife

Thankyou for that Puggedforlife. It makes a lot of sense, and good to know I am not the only one thinking it strange that the passing of my boy last year was harder than any other grief I have ever experienced.

Simply- THANK YOU

More hugs to you at the moment, but it seems you are trusting your feelings about urns and the like, and going with them. Good on you for that- I found my initial "gut" reactions were the right ones for me, so if you feel like it- do it!

Di

He's a total studmuffin, isn't he? :laugh:

He sure is and those blankets were chosen just to match him.

He was a much loved and adored little chap and you will feel bereft for such a long time. It is your entitlement to feel that way.

I was interested in what Tikira said, too. When my first little dog died when she was only 3 and a half, I was totally totally devastated, finding it so hard to accept that a being I'd loved so much could be taken from me. It was pretty well a year before I could talk about her with tearing up.

Last night I was in bed watching a George Clooney DVD and I swear I got a really strong whiff of Grover.

He had this very strong, distinctive Puggie smell that didn't go away when you washed him (I loved it because it was *his* smell)... For a moment I thought he was lying next to me on the bed. I even looked down and expected him to be there.

Edited by Queen Maeby

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked an email session with an Animal Communicator to help me be at peace with Grover's death. She is going to talk to him and see how he's going. I have no idea if this stuff is real but I feel I really need to do it. I have used her before in the past.

Here is a link to Simonne's website. I found out about her from watching Enough Rope with Andrew Denton. She was on there once and she spoke to his Jack Russell "Daisy".

http://simonnelee.com/animal-communication/

I have booked an email session with an Animal Communicator to help me be at peace with Grover's death. She is going to talk to him and see how he's going. I have no idea if this stuff is real but I feel I really need to do it. I have used her before in the past.

Here is a link to Simonne's website. I found out about her from watching Enough Rope with Andrew Denton. She was on there once and she spoke to his Jack Russell "Daisy".

http://simonnelee.com/animal-communication/

I hope the session gives you peace, Queen Maeby. I have to admit to be a skeptic, but also have to admit to having a phone session with Amanda Warren. Pretty extraordinary. For a start although I wanted to discuss a dog, she had a "message" from my mother who had been dead for quite a long time :eek: .

Also, a friend suggested that I put Grover's engraved name tag on my key chain. This is what she does with her dogs. I'm not sure if I'll do it but I thought I would post about the idea here.

I have a small vial of Poochie's ashes that I wear on days I wake up feeling like s***. It hangs on a leather cord with one each of Zeus's and Kirah's spare name tags and just having it around my neck makes my day feel so much better because the clinking around my neck turns my bad thoughts to my dogs. Sometimes I find it's the little reminders that help the most and I find that because the name tags I chose for Zeus and Kirah look more like pendants I don't get asked by strangers about them. It's a private and peaceful memorial. :hug:

That's a lovely idea maeby. When my last very loved kitty died we buried her under a lime tree on our property, we have put her collar and tags hanging on the lime tree.

I have a small vial of Poochie's ashes that I wear on days I wake up feeling like s***. It hangs on a leather cord with one each of Zeus's and Kirah's spare name tags and just having it around my neck makes my day feel so much better because the clinking around my neck turns my bad thoughts to my dogs. Sometimes I find it's the little reminders that help the most and I find that because the name tags I chose for Zeus and Kirah look more like pendants I don't get asked by strangers about them. It's a private and peaceful memorial. :hug:

Thank you for sharing that with me; it makes me feel so much better knowing I'm not alone. I'm wearing the love heart pendant with Grover's ashes in it.

Also, I have Grover's answers from Simonne, the animal communicator.

It made me cry, but at the same time it was wonderful to hear how well he is doing and that he is with me in spirit. I liked hearing how he is feeling light and happy and preferring to remember happier times, as the short time he was sick has passed.

About his death - he said his body was so tired and he couldn't hold on any more.