Funny Reaction To The "clicker"

DaneLover233

So I order 2 clickers from ebay for hubby and I as we plan on getting a great dane pup in the coming months but I wanted to test them out on our boxer first.

I figured I'd start with treats and clicks simulatneously - FUNNIEST REACTION EVER! He took his treat then reared up like a pony and pranced away then came running back, bum wiggling but looking aprehensively at the clicker...I'm literally giggling typing this - he's such a funny boy!

Does anyone else have any funny reactions when using a clicker for the first time?

Some of the clickers are relatively loud, which might explain the reaction.

I prefer softer sounding clickers (e.g. Black Dog Wear i-clicker) - I've never had a strange reaction when I use those.

Cute display pic! Yeah I saw those ones, I might purchase them instead, don't want to frighten the puppy.

The boxer on the other hand :rofl::rofl::rofl: such a dork

Throw the treat on the floor & click just the millisecond BEFORE he picks it up. You can muffle the sound of the clicker by holding it in your pocket or putting a bit of blu tac in it. You can practice your precision without a dog. Get hubby to throw a ball into the air & you click when you think it is at it's highest point, then click again the exact moment it touches the floor & get hubby to judge how accurate you were. For more info, click on this link & follow down to the PDF file Introduction to Clicker Training& welcome to the fun world of Clicker Training, you & your dogs will have some fun. :thumbsup:

Yeah as others have said, you can get a funny reaction if the clicker is too loud as its kind of like pairing something good with something a bit painful.

Initially Digby found the typical box clicker too loud and I had to get another one, but after a bit he became fine with the box one as well. I personally find the box clickers really good for outdoor use and behaviour mod as they seem to grab the dog's attention really well. For indoor stuff the quieter ones are often a better choice :)

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with the clicker, your boxer sounds like a real character and you should be able to capture some interesting behaviours with him :)

Throw the treat on the floor & click just the millisecond BEFORE he picks it up. You can muffle the sound of the clicker by holding it in your pocket or putting a bit of blu tac in it. You can practice your precision without a dog. Get hubby to throw a ball into the air & you click when you think it is at it's highest point, then click again the exact moment it touches the floor & get hubby to judge how accurate you were. For more info, click on this link & follow down to the PDF file Introduction to Clicker Training& welcome to the fun world of Clicker Training, you & your dogs will have some fun. :thumbsup:

That's a good idea actually! I've done some research now into how to go about clicker training - I really just wanted to see his reaction...the other dogs didn't care one bit!

Yeah as others have said, you can get a funny reaction if the clicker is too loud as its kind of like pairing something good with something a bit painful.

Initially Digby found the typical box clicker too loud and I had to get another one, but after a bit he became fine with the box one as well. I personally find the box clickers really good for outdoor use and behaviour mod as they seem to grab the dog's attention really well. For indoor stuff the quieter ones are often a better choice :)

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with the clicker, your boxer sounds like a real character and you should be able to capture some interesting behaviours with him :)

That's a good idea using a quieter one inside :thumbsup:

He's so funny, makes me laugh everyday with his silly antics or even when he's just being a lazy slob he curls up in the strangest positions :laugh: