More Disturbing News About Stolen Pets (sad Ending)

redangel

Oh my dog !!!!! I'm hearing you Vizsla Momma. Evil x 2....

Beyond belief & takes cruelty to a whole new level really.

DISGUSTING WASTE OF OXYGEN X 2 :(

Just so very sad for all concerned, especially the dear children who have had a very cruel & heartless intro into the wonderful world of sharing your life with a dog.

Edited by BC Crazy

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All.

Just wanting an update on how this spate of dogs being stolen from back yards is progressing ? I am going out of my mind with all that has been reported in the Laverton, Altona, Whyndam Vale, Werribee, Hoppers Crossing area's. Is it as bad as what people are saying through social media sites or is it being blown out of proportion ? I am being as safe as I can, checking fences, yards for any sign that someone may have tagged my property, and taking as many safety measures as I can. Any help / positive feedback to put my mind at ease would be great.

As per the social media site the police are claiming they are not receiving a lot of reports about dog theft which makes me hope I am worrying about nothing.

Thank you.

Hello All.

Just wanting an update on how this spate of dogs being stolen from back yards is progressing ? I am going out of my mind with all that has been reported in the Laverton, Altona, Whyndam Vale, Werribee, Hoppers Crossing area's. Is it as bad as what people are saying through social media sites or is it being blown out of proportion ? I am being as safe as I can, checking fences, yards for any sign that someone may have tagged my property, and taking as many safety measures as I can. Any help / positive feedback to put my mind at ease would be great.

As per the social media site the police are claiming they are not receiving a lot of reports about dog theft which makes me hope I am worrying about nothing.

Thank you.

Hi! I live in Laverton and called into the police station after we had notes dropped in our mailbox over the weekend warning us of a white van seen driving the streets, including a rego number, and the lovely guy working the counter said there had been no reports from our suburb, but they aren't happy people are circulating rego numbers with no proof/reports to them. There was a statement from Werribee police on Facebook that said pretty much the same thing, other than this awful thing there's been no reports that can be substantiated and if anything suss happens they have an officer who is collating info and working on it.

I believe its become a bit frenzied. There's a dog theft tracking page on Facebook that's downright scary, people talking about taking a baseball bat to anyone who walks down their drive, posting photos of door to door salespeople who casually ask about their dog when they come calling and people following cars and posting 'the chase' of who rouse suspicion (on a hare trigger mind you)

I'm actually more worried about the nutters on Facebook than anyone after dogs. So far so good, obviously we are still cautious but I've unliked those pages and dont want to buy into the hysteria. Cautious and aware beats panicked and paranoid.

Call your local station if youre worried, they would be best to ask and are probably happy to answer. So far I've heard nothing but rabble from social media.

Edited by Steph M