Lilys Pregnancy

JessicaM

So Lily is now 7 weeks in pup it is exciting times, I can now see and feel them moving from 2 days ago. I had her scanned at 4 weeks to check of she was in pup and we seen 4 'blobs' on the scan :D

She is much more tired now and it has gone so quickly so far...

Best of luck. She is very cute :) & you won't believe this in your current state of exuberance but

Its as exciting when its your 10th litter as it is when its your first. New life is so amazing, breathtaking & wonderful. I find it awesome every single time.

Looking forward to hearing good news in a few weeks & seeing some photos.

Best of luck. She is very cute :) & you won't believe this in your current state of exuberance but

Its as exciting when its your 10th litter as it is when its your first. New life is so amazing, breathtaking & wonderful. I find it awesome every single time.

So true

Here is my story... as a breeder you must be prepared for anything.

Lily was day 54 into her pregnancy from first mating. I had set up her whelping box in the spare room and she had been sleeping in there by herself for the past week. It was a Saturday night and I thoughy next week she would be getting closer and I would need to stay in the room with her during the night. Sunday morning I woke and walked in to see lily had shredded newspaper ever where and she had a pup in her bed. It was cold and it I held it with my warm shift and the little darling took two gasps and passed away. :( poor baby didn't have much hair. Lily looked upset and she gave it a few licks but wasn't interested. She was fine the rest of the day and we went to the vets, quite strange so we assumed she aborted it or it got pushed out because lily was huge.

I took her temp from then on and at 9pm her temp was 36.8 next two days it was 37.7-37.5.

Wednesday I had spent the whole day in the room with her and at 4.45pm she frantically starts digging her bedding, we had 5 mins of light pushing and grunting and then baby girl 1 was born. After that we had nothing for 2 hours, hmm thinking maybe she is having a rest but concerned as baby is a premie and has no fur on back legs. Mum has no milk as she still has a week to go. Nothing all afternoon and vet checks hearts etc on babies, theu are still fine?

I have been supplement sponge feeding premie girl every 2 hours the past 2 days and put mum on fernugreek, premie had been getting stronger and mum had started getting colostrum and by thursday evening pup was drinking from mum.

Friday morning we were quiet and by 4pm she had started labour AGAIN! We had a water sack at 4 but no contractions so back to the vet we went and we induced her and got the last 2 pups out happy and healthy!

How about that for a first litter...

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

So true

Here is my story... as a breeder you must be prepared for anything.

Lily was day 54 into her pregnancy from first mating. I had set up her whelping box in the spare room and she had been sleeping in there by herself for the past week. It was a Saturday night and I thought next week she would be getting closer and I would need to stay in the room with her during the night. Sunday morning I woke and walked in to see lily had shredded newspaper ever where and she had a pup in her bed. It was cold and it I held it with my warm shirt and the little darling took two gasps and passed away. :( poor baby didn't have much hair. Lily looked upset and she gave it a few licks but wasn't interested. She was fine the rest of the day and we went to the vets, quite strange so we assumed she aborted it or it got pushed out because lily was huge.

I took her temp from then on and at 9pm her temp was 36.8 next two days it was 37.7-37.5.

Wednesday I had spent the whole day in the room with her and at 4.45pm she frantically starts digging her bedding, we had 5 mins of light pushing and grunting and then baby girl 1 was born. After that we had nothing for 2 hours, hmm thinking maybe she is having a rest but concerned as baby is a premie and has no fur on back legs. Mum has no milk as she still has a week to go. Nothing all afternoon and vet checks hearts etc on babies, theu are still fine?

I have been supplement sponge feeding premie girl every 2 hours the past 2 days and put mum on fernugreek, premie had been getting stronger and mum had started getting colostrum and by thursday evening pup was drinking from mum.

Friday morning we were quiet and by 4pm she had started labour AGAIN! We had a water sack at 4 but no contractions so back to the vet we went and we induced her and got the last 2 pups out happy and healthy!

How about that for a first litter...

Welcome to the world of breeding dogs there must be a a million stories out there and some are heart breaking and some make you feel so good. Sounds like things are coming together for you and your girl. Hope all continues well and your 3 lovely puppies all grow into beautiful little dogs. Congratulations on your first litter even though it was somewhat of a baptism of fire.

No I was not expecting that at all! I knew breeding was hard work and expensive but now I have the raw insight! Babies are the most gorgeous little things, the boy is going to be a handsome little man just like his beautiful father. 2 girls are going to be cheeky little things...

Their weights have gone up and feeding great, ♡♡♡ im so in love