Staffy Killed By Neighbors Dogs

DaneLover233

I just saw on the news a couples staffy was attacked and killed by a male bull Arab and female ridgeback and their other staffy was seriously injured.

The 2 attacking dogs had just had puppies so it was a territorial attack I guess but apparently the neighborhood has been worried about them for some time.

My heart goes out to the poor staffy and it's owners. His name was Joey :-(

The bull Arab has been PTS

I know! I assume the mother dog will be PTS once the puppies are weaned. How can people own such aggressive dogs then have the stupidity to breed them AND cross breed!

The dogs may have shown no aggression until they had pups to protect. Yes stupid owner who did not not realise this and did not look after any of them properly. Dogs and pups should have been secure.

My bitch would have killed any strange dog near her pups, the younger they were the more serious she would have been. Difference was I knew this and all were contained.

Two dogs have paid the price for one owners stupidity and maybe one more.

Those poor dogs, they would have never stood a chance. If the two dogs are declared dangerous does that mean they would seize the pups as well ???

Stupid owners of the other dogs.

I had a bitch turn human aggressive when she had pups, and dog anywhere near that whelping box would have died. Normally nowhere near that.

Another case of people with no bloody idea breeding dogs and screwing it up royally

Those poor dogs, they would have never stood a chance. If the two dogs are declared dangerous does that mean they would seize the pups as well ???

I had a bitch turn human aggressive when she had pups, and dog anywhere near that whelping box would have died. Normally nowhere near that.

Another case of people with no bloody idea breeding dogs and screwing it up royally

Regarding the bolded part, if this happened to dogs you were breeding from, would this action be enough to stop you from breeding from them in the future? I'm genuinely asking because I know breeders work hard to produce stable temperaments in their puppies so I'm wondering how this behaviour fits in temperament wise.

A breeder of bull terriers I know warned me not to go near the whelping box when I was at her place as her bitch that had puppies at that time was very defensive(fine with her but not so good with unknown people). From what she said it sounded like it was quite common in that breed, I've met said dog at other times and she's lovely, not a snappy bone in her but she was a changed woman with some puppies to defend!. I suppose the hormones would be raging and telling them to protect their pups...

Regarding the bolded part, if this happened to dogs you were breeding from, would this action be enough to stop you from breeding from them in the future? I'm genuinely asking because I know breeders work hard to produce stable temperaments in their puppies so I'm wondering how this behaviour fits in temperament wise.

No it would not stop me as I consider it a fairly normal reaction.

I should add that the fence almost looked like it was made from colourbond type stuff and the dogs busted through that! Did anyone else see it?

It bothers me also, that the news story was less than 5 mins long. A dog lost it's life....if this was a human child it would be on every news station again and again - an animals life is no less important than a humans IMO

I should add that the fence almost looked like it was made from colourbond type stuff and the dogs busted through that! Did anyone else see it?

It bothers me also, that the news story was less than 5 mins long. A dog lost it's life....if this was a human child it would be on every news station again and again - an animals life is no less important than a humans IMO

There was very little news coverage of the attack near me that put a man in hospital for over a week. He required surgery. And was very lucky he was saved when he was or it could have been fatal.

I'm unclear what happened, did the bull arab and ridgeback break through the fence out of their own yard to get to the staffies? Or did the staffies get into the yard where the pups were?

If the parent dogs got through a fence to go and attack the other dogs that seems much more extreme than a bitch guarding her whelping box/puppy area.

I'm unclear what happened, did the bull arab and ridgeback break through the fence out of their own yard to get to the staffies? Or did the staffies get into the yard where the pups were?

If the parent dogs got through a fence to go and attack the other dogs that seems much more extreme than a bitch guarding her whelping box/puppy area.

Comments on a facebook page from the owner / family of the Bull Arab are saying the SBT came onto their property but there are no comments from the owner of the SBT's in response.