Good Yet Inexpensive Camera

HappyCamper

Just something to get decent pictures of the dogs and kids, my samsung is ok but just doesnt have that crisp look to the pictures if that makes sense. One that under a couple hundred dollars just snap no need to change lenses and all that because I wouldnt know what I was doing anyway :laugh:

Just something to get decent pictures of the dogs and kids, my samsung is ok but just doesnt have that crisp look to the pictures if that makes sense. One that under a couple hundred dollars just snap no need to change lenses and all that because I wouldnt know what I was doing anyway :laugh:

Some people have the ability to take horrendous photos with a fancy DSLR. Some people take amazing shots with their phones. It all depends on how far you push that little machine and how much you are asking of it under certain conditions.

Moving creatures + low light = lots of cameras will struggle

Moving creatures + lots of light = better chance of something in focus and without blur

I have a little Olympus Tough. It's brilliant. But I've only ever used it outside with lots of light, I've never bothered using it indoors at all. I know how far I can push it.

I hope that makes sense! :)

I got a Panasonic Lumix (10x optical zoom) after I was on holidays in Morocco and saw the pics another traveller was getting compared to what I was getting on my Kodak. The colours and landscape shots were just amazing! I am going to upgrade at some point and get a more recent model of the same camera with a better zoom. I go to a lot of music festivals and concerts and it is a very lightweight camera that gets good distance pics. In the hands of a good photographer the pics would be even better!