Sit With Legs Spread: Good, Bad, Or Indifferent?

Most dogs sit with their thighs more or less in line with their front legs, resulting in a reasonably compact position. Patty (Labrador, 8 mo) sits square on her but, but her feet tend to turn out, like she's half way to first position in ballet. Does this indicate anything? She's lean and doesn't show other signs indicating hip problems . . . no limping, no exercise avoidance, I've restrained her from jumping, but sometimes in play she will spring straight upward, perhaps landing on the other side of the dog she's playing with . . . which I expect of some breeds, but not so much with Labs. I'll try to get a picture.

Does she sit normally at other times? My mum had two dogs that sat like that when they were relaxed(regardless of the floor surface) but when training, etc they sat 'properly'. I always put it down to them just feeling really relaxed LOL. Her most recent dog passed away only recently at the age of 16 and only ever had a bit of the standard old age stiff joints, never any actual hip problems.

Jager sits like that when he is relaxed. His back legs spalled out either side of him, but when he is excited or we are training etc. He will sit normally.

Our last place had polished floors and no matter how hard he tried to sit normally his legs would slide out to the sides. So depending on the surface she might find it difficult to sit straight.

I have all tile floors. Thanks, everyone for pointing out the connection to floor material. Come to think of it, my other dogs have pretty much given up sitting ... they prefer to lie on the floor. May be because they can't get enough grip.