Natures Gift Semi Moist Dry Biscuits

Guest donatella

I used to use the tinned NG for my 1st BC later in life when she became incontinent on wheat. There was only one variety, the pasta one, that I didn't use. She lived the last few years of her life on that & chicken wings. I also used the kibble very occasionally for my son's dog. It used to be readily available at Woolies & was given a thumbs up on an earlier thread on DOL. The packaging has changed since I last bought it & didn't realise it was now hard to get.

I would stay clear of BH for cats.... There have been quite a number of cases of urinary track infections and crystal blockages after cats were switched to that food. And the company wasn't forthcoming at all when some owners tried to bring up the issue.

BH & NG dry cat food were identical. That is why I suggested it. A pet shop even showed me a order form for BH cat food were the food was called NG.

Not sure how that works as they are made by 2 different manufacturers.

Ingredient lists from both manufacturers

Black Hawk cat kibble Ingredients:

Chicken Meal, Poultry Fat (Preserved with mixed Tocopherols, source of Vitamin E, Citric Acid and Rosemary Extract), Whole Ground Rice, Fish Meal, Emu Oil, Whole Ground Sorghum, Powdered Cellulose, Oat Groats, Digest of Poultry and Fish, Brewers Yeast, Choline Chloride, Tomato Powder, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, Taurine, L-Lysine, Preserved with mixed Tocopherols, Citric Acid and Rosemary Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Cranberries, Parsley, Dried Blueberries, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Sulfate, Vitamin A-Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, d-Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate.

Natures Gift cat kibble Ingredients:

Poultry Meal, Whole Ground Rice, Poultry Fat (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols, Source of Viatmin E, Citric Acid and Rosemary Extract), Whole Ground Sorghum, Powdered Cellulose, Oat Groats, Digest of Poultry and Salmon, Brewers Yeast, Fish Meal, Lamb Meal, Emu Oil, Sea Salt, Choline Chloride, Tomato Powder, Potassium Chloride, DI-Methionine, Taurine, L-Lysine, Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols, Citric Acid and Rosemary Extract, Yucca Schidgigera Extract, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron, Sulphate, Vitamin A-Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, D-Biotin, Calcium lodate, Sodium Selenite & Cobalt Carbonte.

I would stay clear of BH for cats.... There have been quite a number of cases of urinary track infections and crystal blockages after cats were switched to that food. And the company wasn't forthcoming at all when some owners tried to bring up the issue.

BH & NG dry cat food were identical. That is why I suggested it. A pet shop even showed me a order form for BH cat food were the food was called NG.

Not sure how that works as they are made by 2 different manufacturers.

Why are you assuming they are made by different manufacturers?

http://www.apfe.com.au/petfoodhome.html

Edited by JulesP

Thank you for that link JulesP; I went onto the individual brands website and always believed they were completely independent brands. Not quite as straightforward as finding out who's owned by Mars and P&G

Thank you for that link JulesP; I went onto the individual brands website and always believed they were completely independent brands. Not quite as straightforward as finding out who's owned by Mars and P&G

It is quite tricky to work out. I think both companies just have their food made at APFE. I am not sure how NG started, 20 years ago it was just the tinned dog food. I know BH started when the owner found a export food at APFE and decided to rebrand it as BH.

At a guess both BH & NG are using the same export cat food.

Looks like a similar thing is happening with Sunday Pet. It appears to be a food made in NZ for the Hong Kong market that they are now selling here.