Hmmmm- Not Having Hamlet .....

persephone

This morning I finally realised how much of a (bad) influence he was :o

we went for a little walk ..4 dogs & me .

I was busy taking photos . hadn't checked the paddock properly ......then went to walk home - saw dogs a way off in the shrubbery, and whistled them to return - only to realise with a sinking feeling that Don & Widget were following 3 roos .:(

I realised then ..that it was only following ... Don has never chased/hunted ..and was just curious .Widget HAS been a hunter - always with Hamlet ..and has been a willing partner in the baying and frothing fury that used to be -

This morning - one whistle ..and they both just turned & ran back to me - I couldn't believe it!!

Whew.

Don is so laid-back ... last night I let him inside , as I was feeling very sad & sore , & thought we could both sit under the heated throw on my chair . No .. he came in , checked the cat bowl..then hopped straight onto his blanket on the couch ......put his paw over to me to hold, and went to sleep.How boring :p

Last weekend I was running Gruf out at the old place and I was walking directly into the sun so I couldn't see properly.......when I happened to notice him standing as stiff as a board looking away in the distance. yep....2 roos hopping away a hundred metres or so away. he stood and watched and watched but a low strong 'HERE, NOW' and he turned tail and ran to me. I know the relief!