Where Can I Take My Dog To See The Snow (nsw)

annukya

Hi guys!

I'd really like to take my dog to see the snow this weekend - I'm not looking to ski, I'm more interested in just going somewhere and having a bit of a plod around with my dog. I know that all of the ski fields are in the national parks and so therefore are no go zones....but is there anything along the way? Or perhaps close to the fields where I could just go and let my dog have a bit of a play in the snow?

Hi guys!

I'd really like to take my dog to see the snow this weekend - I'm not looking to ski, I'm more interested in just going somewhere and having a bit of a plod around with my dog. I know that all of the ski fields are in the national parks and so therefore are no go zones....but is there anything along the way? Or perhaps close to the fields where I could just go and let my dog have a bit of a play in the snow?

My apologies! I would be interested in anywhere near NSW or Canberra (am willing to drive!)

If you want to take your dog to the snow the best place is dinner plain in Victoria. It's an alpine village next to mt hotham that is hugely dog friendly and we've always got better snow there than in NSW. We live in Sydney but we always go to dinner plain now, it works out at 1 extra tank of fuel and sooooo worth it

Looks like there is snow at Tidbinbilla, apparently dogs are allowed on lead at Woods Reserve:

http://www.tams.act.gov.au/parks-recreation/recreational_activities/camping-in-the-act/woods_reserve_recreation_area

That's not a bad place either but it's a bit like Orange and it's not worth leaving home if it's going to melt by the time you get there

Hi guys!

My apologies! I would be interested in anywhere near NSW or Canberra (am willing to drive!)

If you are near Canberra I think your best option would be Jindabyne and make a weekend trip for it. It's School holidays now though, so most places would be booked out. I'd go when they finish smile.gif

What sort of dog do you have? Are you sure they'd like to see the snow?

I love the snow but my greyhounds wouldn't even get out of the car...well they would for about 5 seconds :laugh:

That's what we thought about bear and doof, and you've seen how that turned out :laugh:

And I'm sure if you explained to Stan that it was a giant fridge, he'd chew his way out of the car to get to it :rofl:

I love the snow but my greyhounds wouldn't even get out of the car...well they would for about 5 seconds :laugh:

That's what we thought about bear and doof, and you've seen how that turned out :laugh:

And I'm sure if you explained to Stan that it was a giant fridge, he'd chew his way out of the car to get to it :rofl:

Good point PD he would too :laugh:

Wow! Thanks guys! You've given me some great ideas :)

And I have a long-haired GSD, she generally loves water and cold weather ... and she's also LOVES adventure so I think she will have a blast! Fingers crossed :D

This makes me laugh. My dogs would be horrified if I took them to the snow. I can picture all the screaming and trying to eat their way into the floor mats for safety. They'd have their "are you freaking mad?" faces on. We don't do wet and we certainly don't do cold and wet.

Good luck with your GSD!

Wow! Thanks guys! You've given me some great ideas :)

And I have a long-haired GSD, she generally loves water and cold weather ... and she's also LOVES adventure so I think she will have a blast! Fingers crossed :D

Ah ok hope you find somewhere and don't forget we'd love to see some pics :)

My house yesterday, but not today.

My grey thought snow ok. The dals run around mouths open ala goofey style. No one wanted to pee! The refused to eave the couch, period.