Dingo For Sale :(

Kirislin

Is there no association that would help.

I did meet a couple years ago that did work with dingoes. I met two dingoes and they wouldn't be many peoples cup of tea.

Edited by skip

The problem with having dingoes as pets is that they need to have been separated from their mum pretty early - or at least extremely well handled by humans from a very early age - or they won't make very good family pets at all.

Sounds like this fellow has bitten off way more than he could chew, and now has a destructive and unruly teenage dog on his hands that he wants rid of - he mentions that the dog has had no training and is in great need of some... *sigh*

I'm guessing that he's probably already tried to get the wildlife parks around to take the dog and they have politely declined.

Symbio don't have the room for him, and I'm pretty sure Featherdale have their hands full with 4 adults and 7 new pups at the moment.

Don't know about Castle Hill or Gosford Reptile parks situations re Dingoes, as I haven't been to either yet.

He might have a chance with Taronga - I've noticed that their old Dingo enclosure has been empty for a while now...

T.