"pet Only" - Not Registered Litters

CountryGirl

Georgia is our first pedigree dog and I love the fact that she is a pedigree not just just a purebred.

I'm a pet owner but I researched all of the dogs listed on her family tree just like I do for my horses and am doing for my own family.

To me it's not just a piece of paper. It's Georgias family tree and her history and therefor to me it is special.

I have it in my filing cabinet and even though Georgia is a desexed pet I am still proud to hold that piece of paper.

And still proud to own Georgia.

yes that is how I have always felt about it too, even with those I had no intention of ever showing or breeding.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just this week we have received several notices from dog owners re issues with their dogs which we enter so its accessible for future breeders - if you dont give them papers they cant do that.

Edited by Steve

Don't forget "registered" here can also be a "registered" breeder with local council.

Anyone to technically breed dogs for example in Moreton shire council, you have to apply and be a registered breeder with them and hold a current breeders permit with council. These are renewed yearly.

You do not need to be registered with dogs Queensland or any other group. Technically under council by laws, all breeders (whether registered with a Dogs Qld or not) must also have a breeders permit to breed. Otherwise any one breeding is against local council bylaws.

If a person was advertising say on Gumtree, "registered breeder" can mean this and not registered with Dogs Qld. It is quite misleading. Just because someone sells a pup on either or limit or main register, does not stop an unethical person from breeding the animal. To breed a limit register animal purely means the pups cannot be registered with Dogs Qld. The parents are still pedigree, and technically so are the pups. They just cannot be registered as pedigree.

If a true Dogs Qld member was selling unregistered pups, then it is against our COE and should be reported to Dogs Qld.

You also MUST microchip all pups in QLD as per the Animal Management act 2008 before sale. A pup only needs to be 1kg in weight to be microchipped by law.