Durable Soft Toy Reccomendations

Stressmagnet

Hi -

Anyone recommend a range of tougher plush toys suitable for a labrador? I'm racing through reject shop buys -- and Ernie is emphatically NOT interested in the hard Kong or Nylabone type toys. He loves his plush toys.

While I am not too fussed about picking up stuffing, it wold be great to have one of his faves last more than 5 minutes.

Rope based toys appear to hurt his mouth (big teeth coming in)

Does any dog toy manufacturer make soft covered toys for larger dogs? It doesn't have to last forever, just a couple of months.

Cheap online store suggestions gratefully received.

I've heard the Kyjen range is great. I have their bottle buddy for my German Shepherd, but I haven't tried their plush toys yet. I think their 'invincibles' range has been mentioned on here before... I plan on getting one of those to try soon!

As for online stores... I really like pets1.com.au and k9pro.com.au

I cannot stress stuffing-free enough! Kong soft toys aren't bad, but anything is going to be shredded pretty quick!

Also have you tried soaking a rope toy in chicken stock and freezing it? Good for.sore teeth!

After seeing what ingested rope toys can do to the insides of a dog, I'd be hesitant to soak one in something tasty.

Gruf is a toy killer but he has one that I got from the AWL the day I got him that has lasted in perfect condition. (so since April) It's only a bit bigger than my open hand, looks like a tiny care bear and makes a funky noisy if you shake it. I will see if I can find a link or get a picture.

ETA..........

Here you go!

Gummi toys

Gruf has the hippo but the elephant & monkey look the same.

Grufs hippo has ears that rustle, a head that squeaks and a belly that 'laughs'. He has played with it everyday for over 6 months and it is in perfect condition. I don't know why when everything else has been de stuffed or ripped apart within a day!

Here is a pic from today. Still in perfect condition!

Getting its morning workout!

while not a plush, this is Grufs absolute fave toy. Its really soft and chewy and he loves to just teethe on it, and it bounces for fetch, and he just carries it around like a best friend. And it is almost the same condition as the day I got it over six months ago.

Edited by GrufLife

ETA..........

Here you go!

Gummi toys

Gruf has the hippo but the elephant & monkey look the same.

Grufs hippo has ears that rustle, a head that squeaks and a belly that 'laughs'. He has played with it everyday for over 6 months and it is in perfect condition. I don't know why when everything else has been de stuffed or ripped apart within a day!

Here is a pic from today. Still in perfect condition!

Getting its morning workout!

while not a plush, this is Grufs absolute fave toy. Its really soft and chewy and he loves to just teethe on it, and it bounces for fetch, and he just carries it around like a best friend. And it is almost the same condition as the day I got it over six months ago.

Are those Gummi toys available in Australia ???

GrufLife - thanks for the photos. What the heck is that second thing? :D

The second thing is a gel rubber retrieving toy. It has a throw rope and the gel like blue grip part. I love it to because it is soft on his mouth if I have to pull it out when he won't give it up. It sort of pops out his mouth without fear of cracking his teeth. It is great and easy to throw. Goes far, bounces on hard surfaces and is softish if it hits him or anything else accidentally. And is indestructible :D I also got it from AWL the day he was adopted and I can't find a brand on it.

Edited by GrufLife