Ruffwear Front Attach Harness

Jemmy

I'll start off with apologising for opening a new thread, I've read through the existing harness threads and haven't seen any mention of the Ruffwear Front Range - I think it was only released this year.

I'm looking for a front attach harness for training situations, but I would also like to use the same harness for car travel. I've looked at the freedom harness as well, but didn't think the martingale style for the back attachment would be comfortable for in the car.

So - do you have one? Do you like it? Or have you seen one around and have an opinion?

I just bought one for my dog. He walks nicely on lead so I don't use the front attach option, but I wouldn't use it as a no-pull harness. I think the harness would pull to the side too much. It does move to the side a tiny bit with the back attachment too.

I've been fiddling around a lot with the adjustable straps to get the best fit. I found that having the neck part looser so that it sits low right at the base of the dogs neck means that the chest strap sits quite far behind the dogs front legs so you don't get chafing or restricted movement. But if the neck part is toooo loose it moves around a bit while the dog is walking. I haven't found the perfect fit yet to be honest, but it is better than his last harness. My dog has heaps of lipomas, including large ones behind his front legs, so that might be why the fit isn't perfect too.

The harness is well made though and Ruffwear guarantees them against faults in materials/craftsmanship. And the colours are nice.

I've just bought one for a friend and waiting for it to arrive this week. These are a new style and should be suitable for walking/car travel, the webmaster would also suit that purpose. The front attach point looks to be a material loop rather than a standard d-ring, not entirely sure that I would be attaching a leash to that point...

The Ruffwear gear is all good quality and that particular harness is a good price for what you get.

You cannot use a front attach/no pull harness for car travel, it would be neither safe nor comfortable for the dog

I may be enabled,..

Only thing slowing me down is they dont have a red one!

my dogs are colour coded :o red, blue and orange..

I noticed K9 Pro have them, but not in red....think I might order mine from them...always get good service & like to support a DOL'er :) They have them in a dark pink.

I may be enabled,..

I noticed K9 Pro have them, but not in red....think I might order mine from them...always get good service & like to support a DOL'er :) They have them in a dark pink.

I planned on getting it from k9pro too, but they didn't have the colour and size I need... And I'm too impatient for a back order, haha. The pink is gorgeous! I'm going for orange :)

I may be enabled,..

I planned on getting it from k9pro too, but they didn't have the colour and size I need... And I'm too impatient for a back order, haha. The pink is gorgeous! I'm going for orange :)

Which size were you after? I just had a shipment arrive this afternoon and you will be able to use the DOL discount too (if you haven't already ordered).

I may be enabled,..

Which size were you after? I just had a shipment arrive this afternoon and you will be able to use the DOL discount too (if you haven't already ordered).

Oh that's a shame, impatient me has already ordered it. I was going for a medium in the orange. Thanks for checking in though! :)

I may be enabled,..

I sent you a PM :)

I may be enabled,..

Huski....I just measured my girl & she measured 64-65 which is a small. Does this sound right, as she is usually a medium :confused:

Mine has arrived! I will update more when I get home and fit it to her, but for reference my girl is 77cm and was a large in the Thundershirt but a medium in this sizing... We'll see in a couple of hours if that's right, haha

Mine has arrived! I will update more when I get home and fit it to her, but for reference my girl is 77cm and was a large in the Thundershirt but a medium in this sizing... We'll see in a couple of hours if that's right, haha

Yeah...my girl has always been a Medium in everything I buy, but this shows up as being small, so I will be interested for an update :)

I think medium was the right size for us, it needs some more adjusting as it's witching hour and someone is being a wiggly worm! I'm quite happy with it though. The front clip is quite sturdy, even if it's not metal. I don't think it would be great for a dedicated puller, as there is some movement to the side....this may correct itself with further adjusting though.

IMG_20141119_185533640x480_zps7d6b7460.jpg

Edited by Jemmy

I think medium was the right size for us, it needs some more adjusting as it's witching hour and someone is being a wiggly worm! I'm quite happy with it though. The front clip is quite sturdy, even if it's not metal. I don't think it would be great for a dedicated puller, as there is some movement to the side....this may correct itself with further adjusting though.

IMG_20141119_185533640x480_zps7d6b7460.jpg

Looks good :thumbsup: there is always heaps of movement to the side with the other traditional front harnesses as well :) I think I will go the Small then & in hot pink.