What Obedience Looks Like When You Add Drive!

lovemesideways

I have seen dogs work like this before. They do seem to enjoy it.

Okay so how does one access Steve's services if one doesn't live in Sydney. Are there any books or other written information available?

We actually have a lot of interstate clients travel to see us for training and we have packages designed for this (clients come from QLD, VIC, ACT and even WA for example). However we will be bringing back our online courses early next year too :)

I thought the distance TID packages were already back huski? Or is this something different ?

When I last checked I wasn't able to find any registration button for the distance TID packages. I'm assuming they are the online courses that will be up next year? Yet another thing to take my monies.. :laugh:

We have talked about the puppy courses we are running online but nothing has been opened publicly yet, as we have been running the courses privately (with existing clients etc) to make sure the new software is super user friendly.

So watch this space for the courses we will open online next year :)

:thumbsup: now if only I had a dog with drive :p

Many of the dogs we work with aren't high drive working breeds, and many don't have an ideal 'start' or genetics but we work with the owners to get the best out of them.

Two of the dogs in that video started with Steve because they have extremely bad nerves, anxiety etc and neither of the owners thought they would be able to trial them.

But now both of those dogs not only score high scores in trials but have won the ring, High in Trials etc.

The best part is you would not be able to tell watching the video which dogs they are :)

I can definitely see potential in Sarah, she's got the prey drive but it doesn't often come out in front of people

Collie will do anything for food but being almost blind proves to be a bit of a challenge, he either doesn't know you have food or he tries to take your hand off with the food :p

I have seen dogs work like this before. They do seem to enjoy it.

Okay so how does one access Steve's services if one doesn't live in Sydney. Are there any books or other written information available?

We actually have a lot of interstate clients travel to see us for training and we have packages designed for this (clients come from QLD, VIC, ACT and even WA for example). However we will be bringing back our online courses early next year too :)

This is what I've been thinking about recently. I absolutely loved my one session with Steve when he came up to Brisbane but, I must admit, I stuggled with the logistics of the follow up online. It's just not the same as seeing someone in person. Will be saving my pocket money up and hoping to do a trip next year sometime :)

Love it - I swear I grin from the start to the end when I see dogs having so much fun!

You would have loved K9's stand at the recent I Love Dogs Show in Sydney.

One of the dogs was working with their owner. Steve tried to interrupt their focus with the same ball on a rope.

No chance until the owner gave the stop command. Then the dog dive-bombed the other ball. Dog was having a total blast in front a whole group of strangers.

:thumbsup:

Huski does not know yet.... I am going to dognap the beagle AND Wiz!!!

j/k truly :love:

I have been fortunate enough to have Steve (from K9 Pro) help me with Ziggy in the past - Zig is not as focused as the dogs in the video but has improved out of sight, compared to what he was like.

I have also had the pleasure of meeting the lovely Huski, when we were up there.

I have been fortunate enough to have Steve (from K9 Pro) help me with Ziggy in the past - Zig is not as focused as the dogs in the video but has improved out of sight, compared to what he was like.

I have also had the pleasure of meeting the lovely Huski, when we were up there.

I recalled you had meet Steve. :)

The 30 odd minutes I spent with K9 at the show was the best part of the day.

Zig is a fine example of how owner dedication can overcome the issues.

It's a credit to you, you took all the steps to do this & Zig is benefiting so much.

Definitely worth making the effort to see Steve if you get the opportunity. I wasn't sure to start with but the proof was in the results we achieved. Certainly brings out the best in the dog regardless of the genetics. My nervy timid dog definitely excelled as a result and her 196 and winning the ring to finish her novice title is something I will treasure forever.

I totally agree with Ness.

I am not sure that Zig and I would still be training if I hadn't have had the progress that Steve showed us how to get.

Looking forward to the online courses. Especially the TID one. We have the very basics of it, from the work we did but to do the whole course would be awesome.

I am also looking forward to the on-line course. My dogs are pretty well behaved but I love seeing these dogs that look so happy and focused on what they are doing. Mine are like..."yeah yeah whatever obedience ok I'll do it if we must". I want mine to have the same enthusiasm