Dog Breeds - Assignment Info Required

Megs

Hi everyone,

I am an infrequent poster but a regular viewer and today I'm asking for some help! I am currently doing my Delta Cert 1V and one of the assignments requires speaking to breeders and owners about their chosen breeds. I've been to a dog show but it wasn't very large and I didn't see very many atypical breeds, which is a requirement.

The breeds I still need are as follows :-)

Flat coated retriever

Beagle

ACD

Corgi - either Pembroke or Cardigan

Maremma

Great Pyrenees

St Bernard

Chinese crested

Airedale

Samoyed

Any extra information on these guys is appreciated as well

English bulldog

French bulldog

Neapolitan mastiff

The questions I need answers too ( just couple of words/sentences is fine )

1) People's expectation of the breed (e.g. greyhounds - high exercise, muzzled because dangerous etc)

2) Their trainability

3) Their activity levels and the way you provide for this (exercise & enrichment)

4) grooming requirements for the pet dog

5) feeding program you use (type of food, how often you feed, feeding games/toys)

I don't expect many people to reply because I know how busy you are but thank you for your time anyway :-)

Cheers, Meg

Edited by Megs

Great Pyrenees are called Pyrenean Mountain Dog here (only called Great Pyrenees in North America). If you go to my website (link below) you will find the info to answer your questions in the 'about the breed' section. I have been helping quite a few with this assignment this year and most have found it has given them everything they need (and saves me writing it out again ;) ). If you want more than is on the website though, feel free to call or email me.

Edited by espinay2

Thank you everyone, you've all been fantastic.

I think I've pm'ed all the relevant people now.

Pirate, thank you for your offer but i have your breeds done now :)

Espinay2 thank you for the website link, I'll have a look tonight, sorry for calling your breed the wrong name *hangs head in shame*

I've got another 6 days Steve, if you think you could fit them in in that time frame that would be fantastic (day 5-6 is ok, I'm quick :) ). Don't stretch yourself though, I'm working full time & doing cert 4 vet nursing as well so I know all about time pressures :laugh: