Pucky's Stain..........lives On.

Kirislin

Not long before Christmas I went out with Neko and foolishly left the kitchen door open so my whippets had access. I didn't think there was anything edible on the counter tops to tempt them. You'd think after 10 years I would know not to underestimate Tag and Puck.

I came home to find Puck had grabbed the 2 litre cask of olive oil, torn it open, drank quite a bit and spilt the rest on the carpet.

I took this photo at the time.

15188849223_49b40b697a_c.jpgIMG_0771dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

anyway, since then I've tried to clean it, knowing it would probably be futile. I tried soaking it up with kitty litter with weights pressing it down, I tried shampooing it and the stain just grew and grew.

Yesterday some friends came and helped me rip up the carpet. I'd hoped it hadn't gone completely through the underfelt as well, but of course it has. We hit it with liquid magnet, sugar soap, CLR as well as good old hot water. It seems all we've done is ensure it remains forever. I cannot afford carpet so here is the room now. Pucky's stain lives on.

Just showing it in the context of the room

16227084227_bd6c0a122f_c.jpg5F6A7407dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

and here's a close up of his handywork.

15790527454_21535ed09d_c.jpgPuck's stain. by kirislin, on Flickr

All I can say is I'm glad I'm not renting. :laugh:

Kirislin, could you try lots of brown paper and a hot iron? This might work as it's just concrete now?

Maybe Puck's an artist at heart? :laugh:

It wont hurt to give it a go. I dont hold out much hope but I've got nothing to lose. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Sad to hear nothing has worked.... so make it a feature, lol!. Get lots of oil and let the dogs go crazy, who knows it may become a new fashion, and Puck may become the next Pro Hart :rofl: ?

I hope that someone can come up with a solution.

Pour Coca Cola on the stain - leave for a while, then wash off... Coke can get oil out of most hard surfaces. You might end up with a super clean spot though... lol!

Alternate thing to try is degreaser... a carpet cleaner friend of mine swore by the stuff... he used to mix some in with his steam cleaning fluids (after checking that the carpet wasn't plastic fibre based). Worked to get out dog birthing stains out of one rental I lived at... in fact the real estate agent said that the carpet was cleaner when I left than when I'd moved in... hehe!

T.

Put a piece of furniture on it and leave it there. One day you might find comfort knowing it's still there.

My new theatre room carpet still has the faintest poo stain from a Casper accident. It's clean but has left a mark. I meant to tackle it again but after he passed away I'm happy it's there. It's so faint, only I know it's there!