Staffords Temperament

Cleveland

as a rule my bulldogs if they roam the yard freely then they must be muzzled same as going out for walks, when contained in yard they are chained up on a longchain and plus inside a locked cage. only time they not muzzled is inthe cage, absolutely no excuse, chance of attack is near zero.

Are you worried about them attacking each other, other dogs or humans? Have you had an experience with them that has led you to feel this level of constraint is necessary?

thats how every pit bull in this country should be treated. if people had followed this method dog attacks by pit types wouldnt happen. my pit bull is not aggressive toward dogs or human, i can take it to dog parks and let it loose, but if an incident happens and that dog gets in to a fight, you will never forget it. muzzle lets them drink freely and breath, dont need any thing in its mouth if its not eating something i feed it.

I'm confused about what kind of dogs you actually have. You've said you have bulldogs, which to most would imply English or maybe American or Australian Bulldogs, then you said pit bull, which would imply American Pit Bull Terrier. I only ask because you are posting some strong opinions in a thread asking about the temperaments of Staffordshire Bull Terriers.

It doesn't sound like your experience is actually with that breed and from your posts it sounds like you are lumping any bull breed dog in together and saying they should all be treated and will behave as an active pit fighting dog of whatever actual breed or mix would.

blackun, I was saying that your response didn't seem to address what I actually asked, as per above.

Nothing to do with the bone.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they need to be chained when they are in a cage?

not on concrete. dont have permission for concrete.

you don't need concrete(unless legally) - strong reo steel mesh welded to walls and used as a floor below your chosen substrate is escape proof!! We have been using it for years on dog pens. No way can it be chewed thru /dug thru . :)

Edited by persephone

as a rule my bulldogs if they roam the yard freely then they must be muzzled same as going out for walks, when contained in yard they are chained up on a longchain and plus inside a locked cage. only time they not muzzled is inthe cage, absolutely no excuse, chance of attack is near zero.

Wow.

Wow.

You're off your nut dude :scared:

ETA not you Lou :laugh:

Edited by HazyWal

guess what, i broke up the first fight of my terrier with my pit bull, there was a bone in yard they were playing together abd terrier got possesive of bone they found and bit my pit bull, fight broke out, pitbull was already muzzled . i run picked it up and calmed it down bone remove, minutes later like nothing happened between them. just last night. female pitbull and a male terrier.

i also had my terriet slip out its collar on a walk before when its saw a cat and went bnuts, it pulled back and i pulled it and it slipped out, almost got the cat, i jumped caught it by legs ln last seconds, i also had a pit bull slip out eight years ago, so no more, also one came out of a lead, in the beach, was using good leash type, became faulty and dog came out.

This appears to contradict your previous statement of :

beautiful dog, but it only takes one incident. generalization is wrong but im being realistic. yup i know nothing bout amstaff or apbt. just do us all a favour when your dog attacks the other dog ,dont get scared of your own dog when their eyes light up

lmao.

Which one is it, you had a pitbull or you know nothing about them?