Ernie Stinks

BC, he's on Canidae Grain Free. I think he got bunged up on cheap kibble and possibly wet food and I need to see a vet. (Although a friend was over and she claimed she couldn't smell him but I sure can.)

I'm sure it's something that can be sorted but a vet (wearing a gas mask). At this point I think vets should charge whatever they like, and I'd pay it. I'm wondering if I can excuse myself by playing the cancer card while the deed gets done. I may faint.

Maude love you Ernie, lucky you are an awesome boy.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a dumb question: do your girls think he smells? Its not just you thinking he stinks is it?

No he stinks. I started sniffing like mad last night after the friend left (thinking I was going crazy) and my daughters admitted he does stink but they thought that was normal.

It is not. I swear it's not.

Maybe a dumb question: do your girls think he smells? Its not just you thinking he stinks is it?

No he stinks. I started sniffing like mad last night after the friend left (thinking I was going crazy) and my daughters admitted he does stink but they thought that was normal.

It is not. I swear it's not.

Just checking.

I tried Scottie on a supliment a few weeks ago which had a side effect of getting smelly & i reckon he started to pong before i got it in his trap.

Hope it sorts out for you. Not much worse than a stinky dog.

Guest crazydoglady99

Bahahahahaha.. even if you step out of the room - you still have to take him home.. stench and all!!!

My little maltese had anal gland issues - she would be soo upset after a trip to the vet for draining she insisted she must sit on my lap in the car.. vomit!!!

Nix dropped his anal fluid on the bathroom floor on the weekend while I was giving a vigorous pat. Even he looked surprised, then he licked it up... Then I sprayed with antibacterial bathroom cleaner and sprayed air deodoriser - and it still smelled in there for about 3 days!!

Nix dropped his anal fluid on the bathroom floor on the weekend while I was giving a vigorous pat. Even he looked surprised, then he licked it up... Then I sprayed with antibacterial bathroom cleaner and sprayed air deodoriser - and it still smelled in there for about 3 days!!

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

You'd love collecting a stinky matted pound dog and the poor little thing is so scared the anal glands go all over you. :rofl: Or sometimes they save it for the crate (drive with the windows down LOL) ..... OR the best one .... inevitable grooming time in which case it's always when you are at the business end. :scared:

For some reason I'm still shocked when it happens. :doh:

Vet couldn't smell a thing. I think the chemo is giving olifactory hallucinations ...but

She DID say his anal glands were 'a bit full'.

She took him out back to sort him out while I fanned myself and thought of sparkly rainbow unicorns.

So I reckon that was it.

Nasty funky animal.

Vet couldn't smell a thing. I think the chemo is giving olifactory hallucinations ...but

She DID say his anal glands were 'a bit full'.

She took him out back to sort him out while I fanned myself and thought of sparkly rainbow unicorns.

So I reckon that was it.

Nasty funky animal.

laugh.gif

hopefully he is back to smelling lovely in no time!

Hopefully that's it! Give him a bath just incase any of that stinky fluid has stuck to his butt!

A few months ago Nova had the runs for a few days, then had an exciting dream and expressed his anal glands in his sleep... in my room... on my rug... at 4am. sick2.gif

Edited by LisaCC