Need A Canine Chiropractor For A Lab In Canberra Please

grumpette

Hi All Knowledgeable Canine Owners in the ACT

Could you please recommend a canine chiropractor for a 9 year old Labrador who needs some regular maintenance to ensure continued mobility. She is currently overweight, but her owner is reducing it through diet and exercise, hence the need for a regular chiro, to ensure that she keeps moving.

It was thought that she had arthritis in her spin and hips, but a vet/chiro visit while down here determined that it was a leg injury and subsequent muscle strain due to compensation for the injury that was causing pain.

Thanks heaps for your suggestions.

I believe there is an animal physio in the ACT- particularly if there is compensation occurring. While I love chiro's you also need to treat how the dog is using its body to really maintain and possibly improve mobility.

I think you are thinking of Louise Steinman, Jumabaar. Not sure from where Louise is working at the moment, but she calls her business Capital Animal Physiotherapy.

Vet Sandra Hassett of The Animal Medical Centre in Phillip has a specilaist interest in all things chiropractic and treats a lot of performance dogs.

Definitely recommend Sandra Hassett for chiropractic work. Kate Millhouse (Holistic Paws) for acupuncture and possibly bowen (you would have to confirm). I believe she is also registered for chiro now but could be wrong. Louise Steinman is the physio and muscle manipulator we used for that work.