Getting Rid Of Urine Smell On Pavers/concrete

Animal House

Once you get rid of the stink, let it dry completely and apply a paver/concrete sealant. Same with decks, reapply a seal. The porous surfaces suck in the pee and the pee enzymes, that's why the smell comes back up in the summer etc - if you seal the porous surfaces, it doesn't "sink" in.

An enzyme based detergent (ie. biozet) helps to break down the smelly enzymes too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't get the Equinade so they have ordered me in Clinnikill. We are thinking now that the smell may be coming from the hundreds of flying foxes that have chosen our trees to visit every night. Still it wont hurt to give everything a good clean

I took the Clinikill back to the store as the safety precautions one had to take, plus the fact that it all had to be washed off after it dried, put me off it. It was completely different to the Clinikill that I googled, that is available in New Zealand. I ended up mixing up some Canestan Laundry rinse, which interestingly enough has the same active ingredient as Valuplus Stable disinfectant. I gave all my decks & kennels a good spray & also did an old lounge that they like to lie on. When I had finished, everything had a nice clean laundry smell :) Later, someone come along & was patting the dogs & said "I can smell cow manure" :cry: The smell could be coming from the various gumboots laying around or the night time activity of the bats. I am finding my sense of smell dwindling as I get older :(