Clever Magpies

Kirislin

Today while walking at the local park the magpies started swooping 2 of my dogs, Puck and Neko, but they ignored Tag and Feather. I can only surmise that they recognised the 2 who chase them and the 2 who ignore them. Feather and Tag never chase the Maggies, but Puck and Neko think it's a great game. Looks like the tables will be turned now it's breeding season. Those birds aren't silly.

They see me and all the dogs frequently, but they knew the ones who chase them. I wasn't attacked, I never have been in the 17 years I've been going there, and they ignored Tag and Feather but watched and swooped naughty Puck and Neko. :laugh:

They definitely know my dogs. Henry is attacked every time, Barney (who people even confuse with Henry) is always left alone. All because Henry chased it once!

And they like me because they see me put out the dog food, but not other people who walk past :D

Birds hate me in spring... no matter where I go, no matter who or what I'm with, they come after me. Even if I'm with Breeze they ignore the dog and go for me. If I'm on a horse they ignore the horse and kamikaze my helmet. Magpies are bad but the worst are the mynahs... they'll kill me one day. I must have some sort of Attack Me sign plastered on my head. Damn birds are the reason I'm not thrilled about spring.