Walking Tibbie With Mobility Scooter

Emmabe

I want to walk my Tibbie beside my mobility scooter to exercise him - we live in the country and have very wide nature strips - but using a lead he tries to cross and I am afraid he will get under the wheels - he has little traffic sense!! Has anyone done this ? If so what attachment did you use and where did you fit it on the scooter - bearing in mind its a large Bolwell 4 wheel scooter.

I'd like to ask how long is the lead you are using? Is there a way to shorten the leash so that he doesn't have enough extra leash to cross in front of your mobility device?

I understand that this breed can be quite stubborn, which is why I haven't automatically advocated getting someone to train the dog to walk quietly on a loose lead at their side, and then transfer this training to the mobility scooter, which would probably be the best method.

I understand you want your tibbie to get a walk beside the mobility scooter ... but I admit I've only seen tibbies riding on the floor tray! You could tap into the experiences of a few thousand tibbie owners from around the world (including Australia) by joining the Tibetan Spaniel All Over group (a Facebook page). Maybe some other owners have found a solution. PM me if you're interested in that.

Sheena's device looks interesting ... maybe a local motor mechanic could figure a way to attach it????