House And Pet Sitting

bellacody

For various reasons I need someone to actually come and live at my house and look after my two dogs when we go away on a holiday. I have googled and am presently researching a few house sitting companies. I am on the Central Coast of NSW. Has anyone used a service like this at all? If so, could you let me know how it went and even the company you used, if you don't mind.

Thanks in advance,

Sandra

Thanks Denali. I am nervous about the process....but I really need to do this rather than kennels so have to start sometime. I really appreciate the feedback.

I had a test run with mine. They came and stayed for 3 nights while I went and stayed with a friend about 1.5 hours away. All went well but unfortunately, as my luck would have it, when it came to the big trip one of the couple became ill so they had to pull out, but luckily I had a friend who could stay.

Thanks Denali. I am nervous about the process....but I really need to do this rather than kennels so have to start sometime. I really appreciate the feedback.

I had a test run with mine. They came and stayed for 3 nights while I went and stayed with a friend about 1.5 hours away. All went well but unfortunately, as my luck would have it, when it came to the big trip one of the couple became ill so they had to pull out, but luckily I had a friend who could stay.

That was a good idea but wouldn't you know it one of the couple got sick! That would be my luck as well. We're not going away this year, but I am sure hubby will want to go away next year and I just want to get things planned in my head with what we will be doing.

I'm glad I saw this thread - it's too late for our trip in a couple of weeks our boys are booked into a kennel - but we are planning another trip about March next year so are going to start looking at Aussie house sitters. I think a trial run for a few days is a good idea too.