Qld Have Banned Dog Events On Football Fields

sheena

I heard this over the weekend from a very reliable source that Qld has banned all dog trials & dog events from taking place on football fields. If this is true & I don't doubt that it is, it is a very worrying precedent for dog clubs in other states, including our own club. frown.gif

Edited by sheena

I got told that in Mudgee - dogs were not allowed on football ovals at all. Frustrating much. I thought it was a NSW rule.

I don't know how that would go down on council land that residents with dogs pay for in SA.

My bad then.

Aren't football fields treated with chemicals and pesticides, which wouldn't be good for doggy paws anyways?

Also, unfortunately not every dog owner picks up their poop - club members have a higher chance that they do etc, but unfortunately they get the blame for every other joe that uses the park/fields.

Also, as someone who utilises football fields for sport, and pay high club levies, as well as being a responsible dog owner, I would prefer separate green spaces. I think this is difficult in areas where green spaces are very limited though.

Aren't football fields treated with chemicals and pesticides, which wouldn't be good for doggy paws anyways?

Wouldn't be good for footballers falling on it either.

Our worst problem is when they put dynamic lifter all over the ovals. And evil hound wants to eat it or roll in it. They use the stinky stuff.

I used to play hockey on grass fields we shared with dog walkers. Some areas, they were really good about picking up and others, not so much. And quite often it was some of the hockey players who brought their dogs and had to be told to go pick up.

I guess in areas where dogs are very likely to get wormed regularly, I'm not so worried. There's bird poop and in some places - bat poop on the fields too. Duck poop is the worst. And we're not going to stop them.