Chihuahua That Shakes His Head Constantly

kurrajongmum

Sorry to hear there wasn't a different easy to fix cause. Hope those drugs help.

My chi x does that with her food too but she takes a mouthful a metre or so then eats them one by one.

And at a riding school I worked at the resident dog would come on an hrs ride holding up one back leg. I was concerned but also realised the dog was swapping legs. Doing one then the other. Strange quirks.

I love my chi, hope yours feels better soon!

Be interested too see how he goes.

We had a Stafford on cortisone for 5 years continuously for 5 years and periodically prior. He lived until he was 15 and died from something unrelated.

Some dogs do have issues with it, others do cope okay. I hope he copes well and improves quickly

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone

Sorry for the delay on updating, we've been away !

Happy to report our boy is much improved. He started on the cortisone 5mg tablet once per night before meals for 1 week then down to 1/2 a tablet every night since . We've notice a big difference in that he barely shakes his head just the occasional after getting up from bed but I think that's a normal dog thing !

He gets his tablet off my finger in a little peanut butter before dinner haha thinks he's getting a treat !

Dame Danny's Darling I will attempt to put a pic up on my profile soon

Thanks again everyone