Eleuphrat Cortisone Ointment For Dogs?

Boronia

Henry had bad matts between his pads. I carefully cut them out (he just lay there and enjoyed it),.

His skin between his pads is red, bumpy and sore-looking.

I have been bathing his feet in vinegar and water and applying calendula cream but they are not healing as fast as I'd like, or expect.

My friend gave me some Eleuphrat ointment to try,

Eleuphrat ointment 0.05% (Betamethasone Dipropionate Equiv to Betamethasone 0.5mg/g. Topical Corticosteroid)

I also have Amacin eye and ear ointment (neomycin,polymxin, B sulphate, sulfacetamide sodium, prednisolone) so maybe I should try this as well/instead of the cortisone

I feel as though I need to start again with the 'Big Guns' and get rid of his sore feet

I don't think it warrants a vet visit and I have these ointments on hand and feel that the corticosteroid will lessen the itchiness/inflammation but am unsure if I should use it.

I'd appreciate some advise;

thanks

Henry just waiting....

3_zpsoqhgkxp1.jpg

For any irritation that is damp I use Medipulv purchased from the Chemist, it is a powder and you can squirt it on to the affected area, it heals the redness.

If it is dry between his toes I use Neotopic-H antiseptic anti-inflammatory anaesthetic,it contains neomycin sulphate, Hydro cortisone,Lignocaine HCI, got this prescribed from the vet.

I use Neotopic-H lotion, contains Neomycin Sulphate, Hydrocortisone, Lignocaine HCI, I got this from the vet.

If he is wet between the paws, I would use Medipulv a powder, get it from the Chemist, it will dry up the soreness and take the redness away in about 24 hours.

The Medipulv is a powder and has a little nozzle on the top that you just squirt a bit where needed and just rub into the area gently.

I've used Malaseb for feet problems before with great success. So I would soak his feet and when dry put the cream on. And also I'm pretty sure the prednisolone in the Amacin is a cortisone.

yes, thanks Jemappelle, I Wikipedia'd it and it says--> Prednisolone is a synthetic glucocorticoid, a derivative of cortisol

I will put some of the Amacin it on Henry's feet now.

I as still asking if any DOLer knows if the Eleuphrat ointment will be safe for Henry as I have an unopened tube.

To buy the other products suggested means I'd need to go to the mainland so was hoping that the stuff I have here will do the job, when I next go over I'll get some Neotopic-H lotion as suggested by Mjosa (thank you) and some stinkin' Malaseb (thank you jemappelle)

I used to use malaseb but now use the paws/blackmores brand as its less drying and only has to be on for 5mins rather than 10min (every minute is torturous says my pup lol but it fixes her feet beautifully).