Hot Weather = Hot Dogs

Two Best Dogs!

A thread where I'm wondering if there are any new or creative ways to keep the four legged companion of mine cool without having aircon on every day all day ;)

Any new technology, new takes on the traditional methods or old goodies? Keeping cool when out and about?

Signed

The I hate summer weather household

Lol, I'm like "I don't get air con, neither do you. Have lots of water and some frozen water bottles. And let's all just lie around in the heat of the day".

We're in Ipswich, max has been 38 so far, three dogs are floofy, one is smooth and black and we are managing!

In all seriousness, I'd say don't over-exercise, watch feet on hot roads, provide lots of water and shade, wet or even frozen towels to lie on, no dogs in parked cars unless the sun is well and truly down, and don't stress too much.

Edited by Simply Grand

Lol, I'm like "I don't get air con, neither do you. Have lots of water and some frozen water bottles. And let's all just lie around in the heat of the day".

We're in Ipswich, max has been 38 so far, three dogs are floofy, one is smooth and black and we are managing!

In all seriousness, I'd say don't over-exercise, watch feet on hot roads, provide lots of water and shade, wet or even frozen towels to lie on, no dogs in parked cars unless the sun is well and truly down, and don't stress too much.

Zackly :)

being on sand here, wet sand beds/holes are the best coolers around :)

As well as the other suggestions I would add if they're allowed inside close all windows and blinds before the heat starts. It's amazing the temp difference when the sun can't come in. I also close any doors to rooms which face afternoon sun and normally heat up. The heat radiating from these rooms doesn't help when the house is already hot. Fans on for air movement if you have them etc.

If you only have a verandah, thick green shade cloth overhanging is good for light and air movement whilst blocking the harsh sun. :)

Edited by Roova