Hot & Humid Weather ...

persephone

he is certainly different LOL 

@tdierikx   @gillybob

I sometimes wish I'd carry a video camera ready .
The other evening , Pudden took off  after prey ..spotted moving fast along the track . Prey was kind of rabbit size ..and  he  was racing ! 
he was SO disappointed when he finally caught it ..the little 'roly poly' prickle bush  disintegrated  ..and he  looked from side to side  with such a look!!   :D

• Haha 2

Might be looking to see if you saw him.

Even up here in the Tablelands its been extremely humid and hot, but at least when it is you know a storm will come sooner or later. Cant go outside for more than a few minutes or you get burnt.

I wish my Fauves wouldn't hunt, they are killers. Etta killed a beautiful big blue tongue the other day. All I saw was her jump back, then go in for the kill.  I saw something fat and stripped, it could have been a Tiger or a Adder so I yelled drop it and she just looked at me with distane. Then one good shake and it was dead, then she ate half of it! She is so fast, at night they sit at the end of my bed waiting for our resident mice to come out, Cedro and Etta then launch themselves of the bed after them. This is done in the middle of the night! Causes me a few sleep problems.

Fauves were designed to hunt in packs or alone, they circle the prey and dive it really fast then out again, they do it in turns.

Cedro hunts but just little lizards, he doesn't kill, Etta is in it for the kill.

@gillybob  !! my gosh , you live with a ferocious pack!! It is sad for the wildlife though  when they do that . Our lot despise the dear old stumpy tail/shingleback lizards ... they kill quite a few each season , and it is very upsetting when I see one of the old stumpies gone ..some of them have been here many many years . 

20 hours ago, persephone said:

he is certainly different LOL 

@tdierikx   @gillybob

I sometimes wish I'd carry a video camera ready .
The other evening , Pudden took off  after prey ..spotted moving fast along the track . Prey was kind of rabbit size ..and  he  was racing ! 
he was SO disappointed when he finally caught it ..the little 'roly poly' prickle bush  disintegrated  ..and he  looked from side to side  with such a look!!   :D

That's my boy! You go Pudden... don't worry when mumma perse laughs at you...

T.

• Haha 1

The one she killed was very big and healthy, he was in my strawberry patch pinching my strawberries, I thought it was the dogs getting them.

I have lots of lizards down the back, that is fenced of from the top yard, its wild and I have heaps of reptiles there, at the moment its frogs everywhere because we have been having a bit of rain daily. Also I have a few blueies in the front yard that is also fenced of so the dogs cant get there. I hate it when I loose a bluetongue. I hate it when they kill anything.

• Like 1