Senior dog rescue in Victoria

I can't think of a specific all breeds senior dog rescue in Victoria, such as Golden Oldies in NSW but most breed specific rescues will take seniors of their breed if they have room and so will many ethical all breed rescues.(VDR springs straight to mind!)
So first try for breed rescue in the specific breed or main cross and then try the others. If you would like to PM me details of the specific senior in question I can also post it in an available to rescue FB group.

Edited by RuralPug
fat finger typo
  • Like 2

Rescue with view to adoption.   Need somewhere for dog to stay while owner is in respite.   The view is for her to then go into permanent care. While there are homes that take pets,  the person is no longer able to care for the dog and the nurses aren't able to take responsibility of caring for the dog.

9 hours ago, RuralPug said:

This little sweetheart is the 12yo darling in question. I have advertised her as available to rescue groups and I will be following up to make sure that a group has taken up the offer.

Meg now.jpeg

she looks to have a little bit of Westie in her RP, perhaps you can contact Danielle at All Westie Rescue, she may help, she is a good person. (Danielle's contact details are at the bottom of this link) http://www.allwestierescue.com/Surrendering-A-Westie.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boronia said:

good news RP,  did the little 'doesn't-even-look-like-a-Westie girl get a lovely foster through a rescue?

Vacuma was contacted by rescue willing to take Meg but it worked out that a friend of the family was willing to give her a home.