Chicken Frames - Perth

Maremmas

Hey guys

I've googled and searched online but I can’t  seem to find anywhere that sells bulk chicken frames for my boys. 

I'm currently buying chicken frames from woollies  at about $4.95 per bag - which gives me 3 frames and lasts me one day feeding two large breed dogs. I'd like to buy bulk and save a little as well. I live in Byford. Thanks

Hi Boronia. I’ll check it out next time. Someone recommended me try Market City Meats in Canningvale. And I did today. So much cheaper than Woolies. $.99c for a kilo. I bought few kgs. Awesome place :-) 

50 minutes ago, Maremmas said:

Hi Boronia. I’ll check it out next time. Someone recommended me try Market City Meats in Canningvale. And I did today. So much cheaper than Woolies. $.99c for a kilo. I bought few kgs. Awesome place :-) 

Hooo!

that's good buyin'

• Like 1

When we moved from Adelaide to Brisbane 18 months ago, i was looking for chicken frames for over three months...low and behold my small local butcher sells them for $1 per bag of 4 decent sized frames. I had tried Woolies, Super butcher and another couple of large butchers and i kept getting rancid chicken frames from them at much higher prices. Don't discount your local butcher in your local shopping centre for being a good supplier; they often turn out to be the unexpected hero! My butcher doesn't buy boxes of chicken meat; they buy the whole bird and then cut them themselves.

I buy 8 bags of frames every fortnight and my butcher always has a ready supply - ring your locals and see how you go.

• Like 1

I know DBC Picton,  near Bunbury,  sells them bulk for a good price. Also cheap beef and lamb bones. Not sure it all the DBC butchers have them or you could probably order through your butcher. Most get their meat delivered from DBC and you can just add on to their order. 

• Like 1