Jump to content

Golden Retriever hard to come by?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, White_Shadow said:

It's it just me or is hard to come by litters of golden retriever available for pet homes only? I'm in South East Queensland, and cannot find anything? 

Puppies of most popular breeds are scarce these days. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, White_Shadow said:

Most likely a huge waiting list. I've found one and I've like their page... Just a waiting game...I reckon my girl would love a playmate, plus we're always home :-)

Contact Amanda and Stephen via email, the first thing you need to do is show what you can offer one of their Goldies in the way of training, health/exercise, diet (we are talking raw diet here), your house-yard set-up, members in your family and ages. Email photos of your yard. You need to show that you are the right person to match up with one of their dogs as they do check (as will most other breeders) Your first approach may not bring any joy but keep persevering...as you say it's a waiting game. There are their contact details http://www.geocities.ws/redinbrinkennels/

maybe ask to visit for a chat after this virus has become less threatening.

Most caring breeders want the best for their dogs so be prepared to run through the gauntlet!

Edited by Boronia
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boronia said:

Contact Amanda and Stephen via email, the first thing you need to do is show what you can offer one of their Goldies in the way of training, health/exercise, diet (we are talking raw diet here), your house-yard set-up, members in your family and ages. Email photos of your yard. You need to show that you are the right person to match up with one of their dogs as they do check (as will most other breeders) Your first approach may not bring any joy but keep persevering...as you say it's a waiting game. There are their contact details http://www.geocities.ws/redinbrinkennels/

maybe ask to visit for a chat after this virus has become less threatening.

Most caring breeders want the best for their dogs so be prepared to run through the gauntlet!

Thanks for the link.... It's very hard to look at anything with all the unwanted popup ads coming up each time I try looking at something. :'(

Link to post
Share on other sites

rarely can you "just buy a pup ".
Find the breeders that interest you ,contact them,ask questions & if they feel like a good fit put your name down & wait .
This year has seen every Tom,Dick & Harry want a dog ,its been an unprecedented time with inquiries & breeders need to go through those inquiries to find out who are time wasters & who a seriously looking for a pup .
When i say time wasters i mean they havent decided they want the breed or done any research into the breed .
In our breed since March we have had near 300 inquiries & we are struggling to reply to the various emails especially with questions asked that they could have easily already found at that info with research ,For our breed that question is does it need brushing or grooming .It is a frustrating thing to have to reply to when the breed is a coated breed.

So find your breeder ,make serious contact & wait .
Contact the Golden Retriever club if you have any info you need clarified .there are plenty of good breeders in Qld but going through websites waitig for puppies to appear will get you no where ,you need to make personal contact

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dogsfevr said:

rarely can you "just buy a pup ".
Find the breeders that interest you ,contact them,ask questions & if they feel like a good fit put your name down & wait .
This year has seen every Tom,Dick & Harry want a dog ,its been an unprecedented time with inquiries & breeders need to go through those inquiries to find out who are time wasters & who a seriously looking for a pup .
When i say time wasters i mean they havent decided they want the breed or done any research into the breed .
In our breed since March we have had near 300 inquiries & we are struggling to reply to the various emails especially with questions asked that they could have easily already found at that info with research ,For our breed that question is does it need brushing or grooming .It is a frustrating thing to have to reply to when the breed is a coated breed.

So find your breeder ,make serious contact & wait .
Contact the Golden Retriever club if you have any info you need clarified .there are plenty of good breeders in Qld but going through websites waitig for puppies to appear will get you no where ,you need to make personal contact

I'm in no hurry. Hubby and I have discussed it and decided the next breed would be a golden retriever. I just like to see who sells them etc. I was surprise to see none on the breed page. 

I think there's a way to find the breeders page to look at their sites, I'll check again(thumbs up!) :-)

Edited by White_Shadow
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, White_Shadow said:

I'm in no hurry. Hubby and I have discussed it and decided the next breed would be a golden retriever. I just like to see who sells them etc. I was surprise to see none on the breed page. 

I think there's a way to find the breeders page to look at their sites, I'll check again(thumbs up!) :-)

Most Breeders don’t have websites or pages ,if relying solely on those you may miss out on good breeders .

The breed page isn’t where breeders hang out or post .

The breeders listed on Dol and the Goldie club are a great start 

Are you after cream,Darker colour .?
 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Dogsfevr said:

Most Breeders don’t have websites or pages ,if relying solely on those you may miss out on good breeders .

The breed page isn’t where breeders hang out or post .

The breeders listed on Dol and the Goldie club are a great start 

Are you after cream,Darker colour .?
 

 

 

 

 

Thanks! I'll definitely have a look. We haven't decided on the colour, they're all beautiful though. <3

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...