Dog Burial Melbourne

Camo76

Hi,

My pet dog of 14 years sadly passed away last week. To make things worse I am currently trying to move back to QLD, which is quite difficult at this point in time due to the lockdowns. I would prefer a burial for him rather than cremation but can't seem to find any burial cemeteries in Victoria to be exhumed at a later date or transportation companies to send him to a cemetary in Qld. Any help would be appreciated thankyou. 

I am sorry you have lost your Bestie @Camo76

It may sound a little 'off' but as an alternative: wrap him in his favourite blankie and freeze him, then transport him in an esky full of ice so he can travel with you to Qld. If you are moving your furniture and white-goods you could buy another freezer, place him in it and fill with ice  and transport him in that, he will remain frozen for a few days.

• Like 2

Thanks for your suggestion Boronia and Deeds. The vet was able to keep him up to 4 weeks and no one is allowed to drive into QLD (unless it's freight). After a few calls to interstate pet cemeteries and transport companies,  no one was able to provide this service, especially for a large dog so I decided to get him cremated. Hopefully Victoria will get a pet cemetery soon, it is surely needed. Thanks again for your help. 

• Like 3

On 20/09/2021 at 10:19 PM, Camo76 said:

Thanks for your suggestion Boronia and Deeds. The vet was able to keep him up to 4 weeks and no one is allowed to drive into QLD (unless it's freight). After a few calls to interstate pet cemeteries and transport companies,  no one was able to provide this service, especially for a large dog so I decided to get him cremated. Hopefully Victoria will get a pet cemetery soon, it is surely needed. Thanks again for your help. 

Cremated is probably the best idea  , you can keep him forever then ,,  Weve got the mother in law   In the lounge cabinet ,,, Will say i was'nt happy    when i first found out  we had her ,, she was in a little box on the wifes dresser  in the bedroom ,  I thought it was a jewerly box ,,,  gave me the creeps  when i found out , moved her to the lounge ,,  she can go into the attic ,  when the wife lets me move her again .

But cremated is the best way for you , I had visions of you getting pulled over  at an interstate fruit inspection ,, trying to explain why you had a big dog in an esky  covered in ice , Not even sure if it would be legal to transport dead dogs , across the border ,  here in SA we can't even take a lettuce to the riverland