Amstaff 8mo CHEWING!!!!

Pinkett86

Aussie Dog Products has a bunch of tough toys but they are unlikely to be cheap as built to last.

If you’re on Facebook, join the Canine Enrichment group and search for the ‘tough toys’ post and check out the DIY enrichment posts e.g. shredding cardboard, digging in an approved area of the garden, tossing his kibble or semi moist food on the grass to sniff out, walks where he gets to choose the direction and sniff to his heart’s content.

Note: worthwhile having your pup’s teeth checked for malocclusions when you’re next at the vet. Sometimes dogs chew to extreme amounts because every time they close their mouth their teeth are stabbing into their gums, so having things in their mouth gives relief. I once saw a case where emergency vets had to remove a huge chefs knife that a staffy with the condition had swallowed. Owners had assumed it was just a staffy being a staffy.

Edited by Papillon Kisses
  • Like 1

:( The  cheaper the toy, the faster it will be chewed up . 
Sadly, the good toys are not cheap, but will last for ages, and are especially made for dogs- not to appeal so much to human aesthetics :)
Don't forget to give your pup lots of brainwork every day as well... then he will need to rest & recover. two or three training sesssions..a long leash walk ..this will help him settle & release tension . 
here are some links for tough toys. 

LINK

LINK

LINK

• 5 months later...

Years ago bought a staffy , wonderful little dog , but chew ,, by the time he was 2 he had gone through a new lounge , dining room table legs , all the chair legs ,  thousands of dogs toys , all my youngest sons toys  ,  started on the skirtings the doors and the architraves , he chewed his kennel up  ,   the best of all he saved till last , it was actually a pair of boxing gloves that were signed by no less than 8 world champions , worth a fortune if i still had them... Will say he was one of if not the frendliest dog i've ever owned , had absolutly no loyalty to  anyone , his next best freind was always whoever would give him a pat or  a bit of food  ,  he was dog freindly cat freindly    a great dog that luckilly for him   got away with completly wrecking my home only because he was such a good dog ,, lived till he was 16 , so all in all the first 2 years of total destruction were considered worth the following 14 years ,,, he was also , untrainable for house training for them first two years ,, but then it was overnight ,  he reached   2 maybee 2 and half and presto , he just stopped  chewing and  messing in the house overnight , he just grew up   overnight

Great dog ,, but will admit never again will i own a staffy  LOL

Edited by coneye
  • Haha 1