Kangaroo meat products welfare concerns

_PL_

And yet they allow chooks, and other animals, to be farmed in cruel conditions and actually put their ‘stamp’ of approval against some. Go figure. 

How do you measure cruelty? Is it length of time of suffering, manner of death?

Im not saying that smashing the skull of Joey is not cruel, I just wonder why they support some cruelty but not this example. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Found this on instagram

RSPCA Australia has confirmed they will stop selling products made from kangaroos at their stores due to animal welfare concerns.
❤ Thank you to everyone who campaigned for this great win, including the Victorian Kangaroo Alliance and the International Kangaroo Protection Alliance, of which Animal Liberation is proud to be part of.

On 09/10/2022 at 1:01 PM, ~Anne~ said:

And yet they allow chooks, and other animals, to be farmed in cruel conditions and actually put their ‘stamp’ of approval against some. Go figure. 

How do you measure cruelty? Is it length of time of suffering, manner of death?

Im not saying that smashing the skull of Joey is not cruel, I just wonder why they support some cruelty but not this example. 

pay up for the rspca appoved logo or!

Having gone out with two professional roo shooters, I can vouch out of an average of 150 per night.

there were over ten roos for every sheep we saw any given night.

The shooters never shot any but the biggest, so only fully adult males and only a very few of the biggest females. in a week and some 750 harvested they only made one mistake and found a tiny joey in the pouch, which yes, was killed immediately.

The most chilling, was every roo was dispatched with a single shot just below n behind the ear, not one miss,  not one didn't drop dead on the spot. Think on that!  Never want a roo shooter to decide to go berserk like the so called Strathfield massacre all those decades ago. no one would have been left alive.

Had nightmares for months when I realised the implications. No wonder aussie men from the land were such deadly snipers in WW1 and WW2.

Makes you wonder what butchers the NPWS are sending out to gut and neck shoot the brumbies left to bleed to death in Kosiosko national park?  RSPCA APPROVED INCIDENTLY??????????????????

Another couple would bring in 250 a night, they  only worked three days a week, they said the tax man got the rest if they brought in more.  The size of all brought in was from big to massive.  as both said, waste of a bullet on the medium and smaller.   So? the farmers hand over their cull tags and the shooters get the meat price from the processers.

The farmers? still stuck with thousands of fertile females and young fertile males to keep the population up to grow and mature until they catch up in weight and size to qualify for the harvesters mental scales.

I think the farmer is the loser no matter how you look at it. pays for the property, the rates and cannot harvest the meat being grown on his land if it hop's!  There's more of them than the cattle and sheep. once they have stripped the paddocks or crops the fences are nothing to them as they move on to better pastures. In times of drought?  All starve but the domestic stock then have to fight the roo's for the hay and pellets. 

My hubby has our cattle trained for the drought times. he drives into the paddock to where the cattle can see the truck then he puts out a bucket for  for each of the cattle that they can eat quickly as well he stands between them and the roos as they arrive.

as for crops? forget it unless its a bumper year and too much for them to destroy it all.  Living beside a national park is a nightmare

Those who can get the finance these days are boundary fencing with  roo/deer exclusion fences 

Edited by asal

Spoiler

, RSPCA non profit my backside ,  govt should look into them and  reduce funding ,, between the govt and council fundings , endorsments ,  ect ect , they are never  anything but BIG BUISNESS , and one i will never deal with again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coneye said:
  Reveal hidden contents

, RSPCA non profit my backside ,  govt should look into them and  reduce funding ,, between the govt and council fundings , endorsments ,  ect ect , they are never  anything but BIG BUISNESS , and one i will never deal with again

forget what year they passed 1 Billion in investments.

no misprint, been rspca Inc for decades now

2 hours ago, asal said:

forget what year they passed 1 Billion in investments.

no misprint, been rspca Inc for decades now

My local rspca , now will not allow you to pull up and have a wander through the adoption kennels , see a dog and buy it , thats the way i have bought 3 dogs not  included the one i have now  , You have to make an appoinment  , WHY they told me covid and insurance  , absolute RUBBISH its protection  , of what you may ask  well the fact that they have perhaps 200 kennels , around maybe 20 for strays adoptions , around 10 for puppies ,, of which theres never many available  and the rest are all  for boarding , ,  boarding dogs has a buisness is there main concern , .

This is a true story ... dog i have now , When i seen him  he had been in one day   he already had a hold put on him , so i put my name down  has a second party interested ,, anyway turns out it was a staff member who put the hold on him ,,, but  the morning he was due to be relaesed  i rang them and was told  the other party no longer wanted him so   if i come quick i can take him , before someone else puts a hold on him ... err i already had a hold  ,  but had not recieved a call to say he was available ,, So i go up there within 15 --20 minuites  i don't live far ,,   i do the  buisness they bring him out    i'm ready to pay ,  $650 thank you  they say ,,, I say ,, its $350 for  dogs ,, price is up there and on the kennel ,,, no not for him they say  that sort , little white fluffy ones are popular , we can get a lot more ,for him ,, i said he is the third dog  i've give a good home too from here you know , i'm told does'nt matter we can get more so he's more than the  advertized price for animals ,, so i paid it came home still got him he was worth it ,, but i felt a bit ripped off , so much for not being money grabbers .

Anyway , fast forward a couple of months i'm on my houseboat and pull into  a country town were on the bank lovely green grass area , i'm playing with him and a old lady walks past .with her old dog in a pram she was taking it for a walk ,  the pram was  because the dog could'nt walk , bless her . Here is the part you may find unbelievabe , this old lady says is that Oliver ,  i say yes ,  he's lovely she says i was going to buy him  , i'm a bit stunned i said  how do you know him ,  were 200 miles from where i got him and he did'nt come from there he came from another  town  400 klm from adelaide ,,,  whats the story .

She explained to me  her daughter had   a freind who worked at the pound , who shown her pictures and was going to sell him  to her  price around $500 i believe , , straight away i'm thinking what a joke staff claiming them and selling them on ,  sort of tells you  why its rare to see a  pedigree dog there now ,   when in the past i've had  2 boxers  mother and son , and a beutiful shepard from there  , now its all  little staffy or heeler crosses  that have troubles and can't find a home , I actually said to the lady ,, i would'nt off thought staff could buy them and sell them for a profit  , did'nt think it would be alloweed , old lady says , Oh no its allowed  she's high up and she's sold other dogs to other freinds , ,  If that lady had told me the name i would of reported her ,,  but i suspect it may be more common than we think  especielly with pedigree and little fluffy dogs ...  the moer i look at that mob the more i think govt funding should be withdranw , its a buisness pure and simple ,,  , even the food ,,  i know they used to sell certain brands and stated there the best , seem to have changed there minds now  and recomend others ,,  think were all stupid its about financial endorsments not whats best

Edited by coneye
  • Like 1