Groodle Left With Horrific Injuries After Dog Attack in Sydney's Bellevue Hill

Deeds

So weird that someone takes their dog around other dogs when they know its aggressive. What about a simple muzzle even. Not that they should go at all. But if your dog isn’t good with other dogs then a muzzle could help when going for walks. I’m sick of being worried about where to walk my dogs and sick of dogs off leash when they shouldn’t be. Just yesterday I saw a family walking a big bully breed but it was a little girl no older than 2 with her arm stretched out and the dog ahead of her dragging her along, adults walking a few metres back behind (I was in the car thankfully). What would happen if that dog got excited over anything? Girl would go flying. It’s so irresponsible. Even the best of dog shouldn’t be walked solely by a toddler. 

• Sad 3

12 hours ago, Amazetl said:

So weird that someone takes their dog around other dogs when they know its aggressive.

You are missing the point.  These sorts of people consider it a badge of honour to have an aggressive dog and, bugger anyone else, they will take it where they want to.  The person has obviously managed to get away with it for a while as the Council apparently does nothing.  And I doubt anything will happen this time.  Hope I am proved wrong.   

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Loving my Oldies said:

You are missing the point.  These sorts of people consider it a badge of honour to have an aggressive dog and, bugger anyone else, they will take it where they want to.  The person has obviously managed to get away with it for a while as the Council apparently does nothing.  And I doubt anything will happen this time.  Hope I am proved wrong.   

Denial is a powerful thing. 

Also councils like multiple complainants because it proves a pattern of behaviour that they can then act upon. 

• Like 3

It should be law that owner of aggressive dog pays vet costs, or massive reparation if the attacked dog is killed.   if the law considers dogs as property, those responsible for property damage should be required to pay for repairs along with punishment for violation of property.

• Like 4

I only walk my dogs in public areas like around lakes etc that I know council cracks down on if dogs are off leash. My dog was attacked some years ago walking along a suburban street from a dog in the front yard off leash with its owner gardening. I see too many dogs around my area being walked off leash and I have no idea what that dog is going to be like. Thankfully my dog was ok but was injured. The crying, the helplessness of my beautiful natured boy who is friends to all having to go through something like that. 

Yes they do see it as some sort of sick badge of honour to know that they have this powerful dog. Very irresponsible. I hate how the soft natured sweet dogs pay the price. 

• Like 2