Animal Care Australia

asal

5 hours ago, Powerlegs said:

Personally I do find it very much a political piece and could probably do with moving out of the news section. 

But I'm still worried at the same time and have been for a while.

Maybe it's just my imagination but I feel there's been more and more vehement animal activism over the last few years and they are influencing people, laws and parties.

Even my insta feed is disturbing and needs a bit of an unfollow spree. I found upsetting info by flicking through the news section on the Peta site yesterday trying to find the 'extinction' quote (can't find it). BTW, not recommended reading. :cry: It's horrific. 

It was voiced in a radio interview with radio station 3AW

The link is still active. so you can hear it for yourself, took place 29/10.2020. Have upped the activity because they believe the end is in sight now.

https://www.3aw.com.au/animal-activists-again-urge-victorians-to-say-nup-to-the-melbourne-cup/?fbclid=IwAR1GPOFBSUMvhuj_xh_UJKqN19GwsDj626Rl1jOhuHQgSIb4bBuRWkgfCvc

Thanks @asal Political or not, Its news to me, and on topic as keepers of animals. Understanding the various political parties and entities take on my keeping them seems a good idea to me. I think I'm responsible for that. So I appreciate the heads up.:shrug:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, asal said:

It was voiced in a radio interview with radio station 3AW

The link is still active. so you can hear it for yourself, took place 29/10.2020. Have upped the activity because they believe the end is in sight now.

https://www.3aw.com.au/animal-activists-again-urge-victorians-to-say-nup-to-the-melbourne-cup/?fbclid=IwAR1GPOFBSUMvhuj_xh_UJKqN19GwsDj626Rl1jOhuHQgSIb4bBuRWkgfCvc

This is what happens when you give nutcases a platform .. First of all they seem harmless , then they seem like a joke ,, but the more they  worm away they get supporters , who are just has cracked has they are , after a while they become vocal then very vocal , they then get to the stage where people become afraid to  talk against them or stand up to them , in case they themselves are singled out to be  called names , ostracised whatever .. Then when there views are in plain view  for all to see,   people still  ignore it  and why , because people are  always going to be  made closer to sheep than wolfs , its a fact ,    people will usually walk away from confrontation they just don't need or want it in there lives ,  but the onces causing it  not only want it,, they need it , thats why we have  loonies with loony ideas all over the place .

Just like  even though i'm not having a go at anyone with these statements just saying it how it is ,, i've got no doubt Troy is going to  be asked to give me a  talking too ,  because others don't like my  attitude ,   way i  express myself  or even the amount of comma';'s i put in ,,,,, 

Too be honest though  politiclly i don't really care one way or the other , i don't gamble ,so if they never have another horse race in the country  it will not bother me , however , if they manage to ban horses and ponys ,  the little girl up the street who's got a pony is not going to be able to get one .  i don't  breed or show dogs , they could bring in all the rules they want  i'll always have a dog  , just eventually people will not have what they want they will have what they can get , because these crackpot organizations do not go away ,   and if you want to know why   its an easy answer ,  MONEY   they always seem to secure funding  then when the right people are onboard its govt grants ,  and guess who usually  ends up with the new fairlaine to drive  and  the office  with a well paid job ,  who knows   if they become a political party  affiliated with the greens , in parliment , the worlds there oyster ..  If your like me a fence sitter who does'nt care  , well do  what i will do ,   go get  a stubby or 6 , sit on the fence and watch it like its a game of tenniss , back and forth , back and forth ,

BUT  .... if YOUR AN ABSOLUTE ANIMAL LOVER , who breeds , shows ,  dogs , takes in waifs and strays and  fosters them because you  just love animals ,  well i suppose if your  60 it does'nt  matter  by the time  they get what they want  you'll probably be dead or  need looking after yourself ,,,

BUT,, and heres that terrible BUT again  if your only 25 or 30  by the time your 60   there may be lesgilation   been brought in  that will ensure you will  , never  be rescuing or fostering , breeding  and showing animals  or keeping pets , your grandkids will never own or play with a dog , never ride a pony ,  because  the loonies will be in charge of the asylum . Don't think it will happen look around ,  see how the worlds changed , ESPECIELLY the western world   ,  who would off thought for example the ARia awards when started would be getting rid of  the best male  and best female singer ,  and having a best non gender   award :rofl:.. THE WORLD IT IS A CHANGING . there we go just another crackpot opinion :laugh:

• Like 1