To separate or not

My male was castrated last Wednesday 5 days ago, and my girl has now come on heat. Do I need to keep them separated or his he fully sterile by now?

What did the vet tell you .I gather you asked?
But i would imagine its like the human version where there is a period to wait .
Besides the other obvious if he was only spayed last week he should not be allowed to even try mating her with the stitches in & that common sense after surgery protocol is followed 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

After a male dog is castrated, it can take some time for the remaining sperm to be cleared from the reproductive system. Typically, it can take several weeks for the dog to become sterile. Therefore, it's advisable to keep the male and female dogs separated to prevent any potential mating, as there is still a possibility of pregnancy during this time.

Hey there @Luvapoo

It is best to keep them separated for now. Even though your male was castrated five days ago, there might still be some viable sperm remaining in his system. It typically takes a few weeks for all the sperm to clear out completely. To be on the safe side and prevent any possible pregnancy, I would recommend keeping them apart until your vet confirms it's safe.